Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum is hopeless ! Where is everyone ?

We also lost the redirect url from the old addy which wacked traffic by about half overnight if I remember correctly...

2. Music   -   #22
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You see GS this is where your wrong music world was popular before with allot of us because it was addictive to have debates about rap vs rock, now they just get closed, so nobody gives a shit now.

and as cely says once upon a time all the mods thought all us musicwrold ppls were the ones fucking up the board where the only spammers here we cause all the shit. *(Before your days GS) so I really couldn't careless anymore

we can argue liek civilised people in soulseek and still be all friends there.. and if all hell broke loose there it's all our own choise to use a ignore button

I guess i just got board of this place found other places where you can have a serious debate about music and not get abused for saying rap is crap or rock is crap.....

and its just so boring now. I like a debate with music and a debate with movies, as long as there is no abuse or insulting to the members. its better too debate about the topic at hand

other things ,, we come up with a idea we say "yes lets do it" lets have a album review section or thread!!! 3 months later nothing is done about it. or we get replys saying "isn't thats what AMG shitty reiviews a for) we had the Jibbler new release list. (which even FC and jibbler had arguments about) but I guess where all lazy,

btw I can connect to soulseek but no names show up only blue birds and I cant type in there strange..

another thing the soulseek section like has 1 thread in the last month...... I think that section which we all well wanted should die
    Last edited by Adster; 11-11-2004 at 07:01 AM.

3. Music   -   #23
    Considering nobody ever uses that section anymore you may be right.
    Maybe just keep the pin in MusicWorld, fk who knows anymore anyway...

4. Music   -   #24
    reality can you check if you can connect to soulseek fine?? do you just see birds in teh room and can't type??

5. Music   -   #25
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    omghi2u2 Adam

If the Music section goes without any moderating on the flames,
    one could easily compare it to the Hip Hop or that Heavy Metal room in SS.

Some bad words itself is not the issue, never was for me, but the line
    where one is debating or trolling with arguments like "Rap is Crap" is
    rather thin.

I'd say its very difficult to see what's going on in author's mind while reading a post.
    A typical forum issue. Some smileys dont always cut either, its the lack of facial
    expressions and body language imo.

Ppl in teh Internjet are very touchy it seems. Hehe, a lot of folks get offended really
    easily, It does not take much to upset somebody.
    Of course, there's others with a tad thicker skin too.
    To find a place in the middle can be difficult, dont you think?

Now, if you've seen the SS board (which is pretty OK example what Im trying to say atm) they had to
    start a little heavier moderating on the stuff that got posted, even in
    the misc. section. It use to be pretty hard on new ppl to come about and ask
    "the same question" about Server-Down, just like we use to have about the Screeetchy mp3's.
    There's been some changes in their policy about how much they allow the
    spamming and/or flaming these days. There's still some of that going on but
    not so much as there use to. Posting about Kazaa in there will still most likely
    get you flamed, hehe...
    I know atleast one reason why they started paying more attention for the flames,
    it was hard to moderate.
    Personally I'd say it wasn't a bad move at all. There's still some "funny stuff" in there,
    especially the in the misc. , those ppl are wicked, hehe...

We have the rules here also, we dont, and we never didn't allow the flames
    to take over, (or maybe I've missed something major, hehe..)
    it just dont do any good no matter how big of a debate it might be.

The rules are what they are, and I like it here because of the rules, they keep the
    nonsense flaming to minimum, that's why I joined this forum.
    If I need to post how something sucks or is crap, there's plenty of
    other forums to do that. Here we've been trying to avoid it.

Yeah, and about the "new" stuff, yes, we are lazy.
    Atleast, im lazy.

Gotta go now, busy day ahead...

Toodloo !
    Spoiler: Show

6. Music   -   #26
    wasn't having a go at you GS was pretty much having a go at all of us!!

what I'm trying to say is there's a difference between saying rap is crap with a capital C then saying "
    rap is crap with a capital C if you like it then your a asshole.

problem is some people take things the wrong way I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion. the problem is the apposing peoples reaction to that opinion I mean look at the first post I ever made in Musciwrold??? one would leave after taking that abuse in a second I stayed around and became a post whore crazy nut

the afro gonna take me a while to get used too that new name

7. Music   -   #27
    ohh yeah one other thing id like to point out about the what music are you listening too threads...

there was once a time last year when a great music world member of ours crumbcat would post huge reviews, album covers, track listings of the music he was listening too in that thread. and allot of us were getting to know allot of new bands from his reviews.. they wern't just 3 words like thats in there now every post they were almost a whole 1 page of a word document

The mods took it as spam and put him on moderation for posting too many times in the thread and almost banned him. now he said fuck it and I can't blame him now the thread looks like boring shit I couldn't give a fuck what music people are listening too I don;t even read in that thread. now there is no reason too I'm sure many feel the same way
    Last edited by Adster; 11-11-2004 at 09:43 AM.

8. Music   -   #28
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    This "thread" should be closed.

It's just a spam thread. I can go into that thread just think of any old song and post. Maybe if you only had "thinking" threads a few debates and discussions might pick up?

9. Music   -   #29
    I would like too know if anyone who replies in that thread actually is well and truly listening too that music

10. Music   -   #30
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    No, GS didnt take it too the heart mr A.

We all miss CC's posting here, what a colorfull way of doing things.
    But thats was my point, about ppl been rather touchy.
    Im not saying bad things about CC, I know the dude a little more than from the board,
    we had some nice convos over MSN.
    (webcam and all )
    It's usually a compination of things/threads and folks having opposing opinions,
    its easier to be sarcastic, flamer, witty and all that than just keep an open mind,
    be on the positive side on things. (I know i''ll be labeled as a pussy for saying this but... )
    Everybody is soooo right always. It takes but a little to get on some1's bad side.
    Of course, some folks just like to bait others just to see "what happens".
    Seen that happen' few times? A little planning of few members on some IRC or something:
    Hey, I make a thread about "insert something here" and the few buddys are onto it
    right away, lets have some "fun".

The "fun" part of it differs from ppl to ppl. A thread how Rap/Rock is Crap can be taken
    very much as an insult by a guy who does Rap/Rock himself, but with "fun" tag all over it,
    it should be allowed? Gee, ppl dont have a sense of humor....

More about Crumby, he had his topics and postings, and what with some different views
    with folks, and the fact that he didnt like when some1 made another,
    (version-3-or-something-topic), which he was started and then the
    trouble started. Cant remember exactly what it was about.
    But, then Mods says to cool it but no way....
    Nazi's and whatnot.

One says something rather fishy in one thread and it gets echoed to others threads,
    and before you know it, insults are flying.

The thing is, one would want to see the "What music ya listen..." thread to go, others wont, and the
    wrestling about it keeps going on...

It seems that any changes made is usually taken negative by default.
    Yes, it must be the Mods, Admins, Board software, but My Lord,
    Never, and I mean Ever, the member.

Some shit that has happened like a year ago, or more, is still boiling on others blood,
    there's not much room for forgiveness.
    Such is life on Teh Internjet Forums, is it not?

About the What music... thread, I have no problem with it, even if it just a spam topic,
    ppl can write what they listen or outright lie what they would be listening.
    There seems to be ppl who post on it on regular basis, like lillmiss, which I personally like
    to read too, as she has very different taste of music than I do.
    I suppose we could close it if ppl think its not "cool".
    But, I dont see much harm having it. How wrong I am about this, really?
    Would it be better if we moved it to the Lounge where the Spam is more,
    say, tolerated?

Spoiler: Show

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast