Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marines on the frontlines

Poster
    Marine Website I thought some of you may want to read the opinions, journals and emails from some of our marines in Iraq.
    Last edited by Everose; 11-09-2004 at 03:23 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Sanctuary!
    Thanks for the link...

You know what's interesting about this? All the sites I used to read that were somewhat critical of the efforts in Iraq were shut down, or have significantly changed their tune to more mundane posts.... while all the sites that are, shall we say, more pro occupation, are rolling along fine... for example

(from Leviraq)
    Quote Originally Posted by leviraq
    Sorry folks, I’ve been advised to stop blogging for the time being. I haven't violated operational security or anything like that. This is just the way things have to be for right now. I’m thankful for being allowed to do something like this in the first place. I'll republish my posts in the future (new and old). For those of you interested in helping Iraqis or service members, I've posted some links. There are plenty of other soldier and Iraqi blogs I've posted links to that are well worth the read, so check em' out. Thanks for your support,
    Levi
    btw, the title, LevIraq has nothing to do with Leaving Iraq, his name is Levi and it's a play on words...

I just thought it was an interesting observation...
    Last edited by scroff; 11-09-2004 at 07:40 AM.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    I would imagine it would get pretty hard to find an isp over there at times.

Well, hopefully, they can all get word back to us as they are able, and hopefully they are able to eventually return home, Scroff.

I think the important thing is to keep looking, even after you find a view point you agree with.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I would imagine it would get pretty hard to find an isp over there at times.
    ROFL!!!!!!!!! Yea, I guess Road Runner hasn't opened in Iraq yet. The "pro-occupation" blogs don't seem to have any problems... the troops have internet through sattellite hook-up, even the guys in the front lines. They all have it. Access to a laptop might be a different story...

I think the important thing is to keep looking, even after you find a view point you agree with.
    How do you think I know that the "pro-occupation" blogs are unchanged?

As I've already stated, I read views from RightMarch and Jerry Falwell to moveon....
    Last edited by scroff; 11-09-2004 at 03:24 PM.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    How do you think I know that the "pro-occupation" blogs are unchanged?

As I've already stated, I read views from RightMarch and Jerry Falwell to moveon....[/QUOTE]

Cool! We agree on this then.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Sanctuary!
    Cool! We agree on this then.
    Yes, we do. I read opposing views so I know what the enemy is up to.
    Last edited by scroff; 11-09-2004 at 04:31 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    No angrier Liberal than a reformed Redneck

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    No angrier Liberal than a reformed Redneck

Dam straight, skippy!

I know how they think! I once was one!

Sneaky, conivin', truck drivin' mother lovin' beer swillin, NASCAR watchin folkses that they is!
    Last edited by scroff; 11-09-2004 at 04:54 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff

Dam straight, skippy!

I know how they think! I once was one!

Sneaky, conivin', truck drivin' mother lovin' beer swillin, NASCAR watchin folkses that they is!

To help me understand who your enemy is, Scroff, would you say it is everyone in America who voted for Bush, and possibly all of those who didn't vote? And also, I would like to ask you if you have any aspirations to teaching these Bush voters the error of their ways, or to alienate them even further with your views?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Sanctuary!
    To help me understand who your enemy is, Scroff, would you say it is everyone in America who voted for Bush, and possibly all of those who didn't vote? And also, I would like to ask you if you have any aspirations to teaching these Bush voters the error of their ways, or to alienate them even further with your views?
    If you have to ask you must be one

I think the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean InSannity, Michael "Savage", Joe (hey, what's this dead woman doing in my office???) Scarborough, and their millions of listeners have already alienated and divided this country... I could do no better.

The enemy are people who send out emails like this "We will also soon be implementing a more responsive ranking system where your organizational rank will be determined by your participation in our world-wide effort to destroy the left intellectually."

or

"I could not hold back the tears of joy. Hour by hour, we observed a "slam dunk" as the Church of Jesus Christ made the difference in initiating the return of this nation to moral sanity and the Judeo-Christian ethic."

That's but a few examples....

At this point, I'm not trying to do anything with these folks, they are beyond teaching... but those "swing voters" aren't. After a few mopre years of the Moral Majority running the show, I think people will return to a saner viewpoint.
    Last edited by scroff; 11-09-2004 at 05:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast