Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yasser Arafat?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Is Yasser Arafat dead? Is his death being kept secret in case it exasparates the Middle East situation. A delegation from Palestine arranges to fly and see him. His wife steps in and says 'No, you cant see him'.Its on, its off etc.

What is going on. Are they hiding his death for political or military purposes. Why are we contnually given his condition by a French 'military' person. What happened to all the 'Western' reporters who generally tell you whether the patient 'farted or picked his nose at 5.30 a.m. this morning'.

Is this poor 'military' person the 'fall guy' for 'misinterpretation' (No pun intended) at a later date? It all seems strange to me. What do other members think?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    I think he might be dead. Might not be..lol. His wife has every right to not let people go look at him, if he is alive.
    I have wondered the same thing for quite awhile now..is he dead? I think they are afraid of what will happen as far as stability goes. The saga continues..
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Yasser Arafat hovered on the brink of death in a Paris hospital tonight – being kept alive artificially while a cleric flew from the West Bank to be by his side.

The Palestinian leadership visited the comatose 75-year-old in the military hospital and Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath ruled out any suggestion of removing Arafat from life support.

“His brain, his heart and his lungs are still functioning and he is alive,” Shaath said in Paris.

“I don’t see any reason to make rumours precipitating his death,” he added.

“I want to rule out any question of euthanasia. People talk like his life is plugged in and plugged out.”

But another senior Palestinian official said Arafat had only hours to live after suffering a brain haemorrhage .
    This was 25 minutes ago...

Source

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i think he is officially "undead"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'll believe that when I see his gravestone with a saline drip on it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I heard the story was that his wife is afraid of conspirators to come in and take him off life-support?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    Arafat's death to be announced
    10/11/2004 08:10 - (SA)

Ramallah - The death of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat is to be officially announced on Wednesday at his Muqataa headquarters in Ramallah, a Palestinian official said.

"The death of President Arafat should be announced on Wednesday after meetings of the central committee of Fatah and the executive committee of the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) to be held at the Muqataa," said the official who asked to remain anonymous.

Arafat's Fatah movement is the main component of the PLO.

The announcement of the ailing 75-year-old leader's death had been expected after the return here early on Wednesday of four top Palestinians from a visit to Percy military hospital at Clamart near Paris where Arafat was admitted 13 days ago.

Foreign minister Nabil Shaath said before leaving Paris that Arafat was gravely ill but still alive and there was no question of switching off life-support equipment.

Following conflicting rumours, Shaath told journalists Arafat's condition had worsened and he was in a deep coma, but that his heart, brain and lungs were functioning.

Shaath was accompanied on a 24-hour visit to Paris by three other top Palestinians - prime minister Ahmed Qorei, parliamentary speaker Rawhi Fattuh and PLO number two Mahmud Abbas.
    http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...618660,00.html

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I think that he’s been kept alive mainly to make security preparations. There was also talk that he had a massive amount of money in a Swiss bank account and no one but him knew how to access the money and supposedly his wife was trying to gain access. Now mind you that know one knows the truth about anything going on in there so its all speculation.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Personally, I think he has probably been dead for a while...its just that no-one dare say anything until the leadership issues are resolved for fear of the shit really hitting the fan in the region.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    A lot of the Palestinian money is in accounts in Arafats name...

This wasn't due to any greed on his part as most papers will make you believe.. Israel, the EU, USA and Arab states all paid into these accounts.

It was used for the Palestinian People, in ways that would not be acceptable to some of his Government... ie Bribes etc

There is now a problem, in that he deliberatly set it up so that if he died his wife/family couldnt get at it without the Palestinian Money and His own Money being seperated first.... The trouble is the accounts are totally fucked up too for the last 5 or 6 years...

No one knows now, for sure, what money is his and what is the Palestinians... so they are trying to buy the missus off

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast