Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: That was lucky!

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I am sitting in traffic on the way home, and the battery light came on.....

So I think, will I get home or not? Anyway, I have 20 miles of motorway to go down, and thinking about how to pick up my son and get him home, sort dinner and all that stuff. I get to the turn off and I see my ex sitting next to me in the queue to get off the motorway. (talk about good timing!) We chat over the road and he agrees to pick my son up and take the kids home with him for dinner.

I get off the motorway, and literally the car dies on me as I manage to pull into the very first layby....about 300mtrs....

I rang my local friendly garage, who picked me up inside 15 mins...and will sort my car and deliver it back to me tomorrow....

I think it was really lucky that it didn't die on me actually on the motorway (that would have cost me...no AA cover)

So...although its gonna cost me some money, nothing like what it would have done if I had broken down on the motorway....

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Next time drive faster and you wouldve been home

women drivers tss

3. Lounge   -   #3
    ElvisLover's Avatar Gepper #1
    Nice, at least you can smile about it beacuse of it

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    Next time drive faster and you wouldve been home

women drivers tss

Oi! You is being a tad sexist me laddo......

Anyway, I was in a traffic jam and my car doesn't fly...

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Glad you got home safely

I am surprised to see that exes can be useful, mine are the most obstructive set of people you could ever wish to meet, tsss women
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    It suprises me that they still make cars and bikes with that battery thing, loads of cars and bikes only need the battery powerful to start the engine, the rest is pretty much run off the dynamo, also the regulator/rectifier should trickle charge the battery, but even if the battery goes flat a car should still run, I guess it's a money getting thing

Glad you got home ok tho Sara

Jonno

7. Lounge   -   #7
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Are automotive shops better in the Uk than they are in the US? Or are you going to need a jar of vaseline when you pick up your car tomorrow ?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yeah, glad to get home. The man from the garage is very nice and friendly cos I've known him since we were teenagers.

Unfortunately its not exactly a funky car.....a 10 year old ish Daewoo Nexia.

I think its time to say goodbye to this one....and hello to a new (to me) one...

Any suggestions?

I can spend 1500 quid max on top of what I will get for the heap.

@manker....tsk tsk...copying 15%'s insults? I am dissappointed in you that you can't think of a better one of your own.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    Are automotive shops better in the Uk than they are in the US? Or are you going to need a jar of vaseline when you pick up your car tomorrow ?

Why would I need vaseline? You don't want to know whats going on in my head RP so please tell me so I can think clean thoughts again....

10. Lounge   -   #10
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    nope, can't tell you that cause thats exactly what I meant....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast