i recently bought a new mobo, cpu and ram. I installed everything onto the mobo and connected everything to the pc. However, when i loaded up bios for the first time and went to the "PC Health" tab in bios it told me that my cpu (AMD XP2800+) had a tempterature of 63 degrees C (When i first start up, my system temp is 30C and the cpu fan is 45C, both continue to rise. The cpu fan runs at 3500-3668 rpms). I read that normal temps for the cpu should be between 35-45 degrees C. Im pretty sure i installed the HSF properly, but in order to make sure i would have to remove the HSF.
1) If i remove the HSF, do i have to apply new a new thermal pad/ or thermal gell (like Arctic5) or can i jsut reuse the same pad?
2) Is it likely that the processor is acually the problem (defective)? (I bought it in the retail box from TigerDirect.com)
3) Would using thermal gel instead of the provided thermal pad give me better cooling?
4) If i remove the original thermal pad (in order to test the thermal gel), do i void my warrenty w/ tigerdirect and/or AMD?
5) Would buying/ using casefans lower the temperature on my cpu? (if so, where would i install them?)