Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP vs DS

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    PSP is gonna fail. Is TOO good. Makers arn't gonna want to make a game and spend 8 months on it and make i for a system that has very little cusomers and is very new becuase they could mke the same game in the same ammount of time for the PS2 which lreayd has millions of users. DS will be shit as well, tacky shit from nintendo.
    If that's the case why do third party companies publish exclusives for the GC or Xbox then?

Why not just go PS2 for more sales?

For that matter go for the Gameboy.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Games   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith
    I really only want the DS for Sonic DS, and the Metroid game. PSP isnt expensive at all, well worth the price. It will be awhile before it drops in price, so why wait just get it now.
    OK how much is the PSP?

$200?

Considering that I have Halo 2, GTA, etc, what's the rush for me to spend $200 start-up cost for another system?

If I get it hot then that's cool. Otherwise it can eat Richard, I mean dick.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Games   -   #13
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Please refrain from using the word dick while I eat my cereal, thanks.

4. Games   -   #14
    Isnt the PSP going to be 150 also? Its 150 in Japan..so...

5. Games   -   #15
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny Roscoe
    Isnt the PSP going to be 150 also? Its 150 in Japan..so...
    Yup, think I remember hearing a while back they wanted to be competitive with DS on the price as well.

6. Games   -   #16
    Hmm thinking about getting the DS...Lots of good games.

Dick

7. Games   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    If that's the case why do third party companies publish exclusives for the GC or Xbox then?

Why not just go PS2 for more sales?

For that matter go for the Gameboy.
    Gameboy is currently the only real handheld. Gamecube is preforming very bad and most of he games it gets are ports from other systems of Nintendo games. Xbox gets pritty much all the PS2 games apart from the odd few and still has its own good games. XBox is not so far away from a PS2.

8. Games   -   #18
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Personally, the DS looks a little better - Along with the Game Boy's dominance in the handheld market since the grey bricks came out, the DS seems to be in a better state than the PSP seems to be.

While a lot of the DS launch games seem to cheesily use the stylus screen (like what usually happens with any new technology), there are some in development that seem to use it in ingenious ways The actual shape of it is both an pro and con; it looks to be easy to hold but not really likely to fit a pocket comfortably. As for the new design, remember that there was some doubt concerning the SP when it first came out Saying that there won't be a redesign ala the original GBA or the N-Gage is a little too confident though. The most significant feature however could be the wireless technology - Where only one player would need a copy of the game for everyone with a DS to play. Whether this will boost or damage Nintendo's sales figures remains to be seen.

As for the PSP, my main worry has been concerning the comments of several Japanese developers about the PSP. Concerns have been made on the PSP's battery life and the screen as well as the relative lack of ease of porting to the handheld. Sony have said they were improving them before launch but whether their improvements are enough remains to be seen on launch day.
    Along with them, the price really needs to be confirmed although I'm expecting to see it for 200+ (considering that you can play media on it), but the main problem - the UMD discs. Yes, you may be able to watch movies on it, but the proprietry format means that if you want to watch a movie you already have, you'd need to buy the UMD - A turnoff considering that most would just use a DVD player for full-screen viewing. The same may apply for a lot of the games (unless they have considerable differences to their PS2 counterparts, like the MGS card game), although the DS suffers from this problem as well.

Hand in hand, I'd predict that Nintendo will keep their dominance in the handheld market, although the PSP will give it a hell of a fight before joining the Game Gear, Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket Colour in the handheld graveyard. Having said that, I was wrong when I thought the original Playstation wouldn't cut it between Nintendo & Sega, and likewise when I thought that there wasn't enough room for the X-Box

Either way, I may hold out at least a month before buying either.
    Last edited by Illuminati; 11-11-2004 at 03:14 PM.

9. Games   -   #19
    On October 27, 2004, Sony announced the PSP's Japanese launch date and price. The machine will appear in a pack containing the console, battery, and mains adaptor for 20,790 yen including tax (around US$195, EUR 153, £106) on December 12, 2004. A "Value Pack" will also be available, consisting of the console, battery, mains adaptor, 32MB Magicgate Memory Stick Duo PRO, headphones, remote, slip-case and wrist strap, for 26,040 yen including tax (around US$245, EUR 192, £133).
    http://hardware.gamespot.com/Compare...-C-11723-11724

The hardware aspect of the PSP outperforms the others. Plus its a Sony PS product so you know it will have some games.

If I get one, it will be the PSP.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Games   -   #20
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Illuminati, seeing you've been wrong on all occasions I'll have to disagree

PSP will sell simply because it's a sony product and that it has the 'playstation' brand.

So I doubt you'll be seeing the PSP on the graveyard at the very least.
    Last edited by Barky; 11-11-2004 at 06:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast