Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PSP vs DS

mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Awesome! I was worried that the Value Pack was going to be way expensive, but an extra £33 is way worth it IMO.

2. Games   -   #22
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky
    Illuminati, seeing you've been wrong on all occasions I'll have to disagree

PSP will sell simply because it's a sony product and that it has the 'playstation' brand.

So I doubt you'll be seeing the PSP on the graveyard at the very least.
    I never said I was wrong on all occasions - Just two significant ones

The fact of history in the handheld market is that a brand name doesn't make or break a console:

Sega was a bloody big brand back at the time of the Game Gear - It failed for a number of reasons, one of the biggest was the battery use.

Atari tried it with the Lynx but it suffered for the same reason as the Jaguar - They were shite

Neo Geo were a big thing in Japan in the 90s, so the reasons for the NG Pocket Colour dying as quickly as it appeared are unsure. Could be that there wasn't much presence outside of Japan or that its strong links with the Dreamcast could have cursed them both.

Now the most recent, the Nokia N-Gage. Nokia is the largest mobile brand today, and has done its part in mobile gaming. Did it help the N-Gage? To an extent, but a very small one.

Some of these have been due to the GB's dominance, but a lot have been due to critical flaws in each down one path or another. The GBs have had theirs as well, but they've been able to cover them as much as possible, the recent one being solving their backlight problems in the original GBA by bringing out the SP.

I wouldn't make a bet on who wins the launch war, but long-term my money's still on the DS (for now - We haven't seen either for ourselves).

3. Games   -   #23
    Poster
    i personally am saving for a psp. I just like the title on the psp a lot better than those mario-type games on the DS. i've have also looked at the games on gamespot for the DS, and the graphics doesnt seem like it can compare to the PSP. I think that the PSP would have a lot of support from all the ps2 owner, and due to games like Final Fantasy advent (or w/e it is) , Gran turismo ,it would get a lot of customer as well.

oh, but i do agree with the bat lifetime thing....sony release something on gamespot that says the battery life is 4-6 hours?
    Last edited by Mr. Elmo; 11-12-2004 at 05:20 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123