Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linksys Port Forwarding , Major help please.

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Heres a screenshot of exactly what i did. And BTW virtual , i can't find the DHCP Tab

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    better way to find your IP would be to go to network connections folder in control panel, click your connection, then on the left side it will say the IP adress under details. or right click the connection and click status and it will say your IP somewhere there.

to make a static IP right click the connection>properties>click internet tcp\ip protocol>click "user the following IP adress"
    enter in the IP adress, subnet mask (usually this is 255.255.255.0), the gateway will be your router's IP adress, and the primary DNS will also be the same as your router's IP adress. Leave secondary dns blank.
    apply these settings anf your done.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Alright i applied my static ip address settings to both of my computer that are connected to the routers, hopefully there will be an omprove in speed in BT. Well thanks you all for all your help, i really appreciate it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Rather than using ports 6881-6889, make up your own range. Those are the default ports and they are sometimes blocked or restricted by ISPs. Because of that many trackers blacklist anyone using those ports.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    so could 1000-10000 be good ?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    When i set up a static for each of the PCs on my network , how do i make them have have different ip's ? I've noticed there might have been some type of ip error bwetween the two PC's connection.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    One more thing i have noticed between my router and bittoret is , when my pc is hooked up to a router while i am downloading a file on BT , the light never turns green just yellow. And when my pc is not hooked to the router the light will always turn green no matter how man seeders/downloaders. So far after the port forwarding procedure the light has never turned green in BT , and my dl speed arent much of improvement, oh well.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    in the bt options you need to set the ports you want to use.

yellow means it cant connect properly.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    i know... , whats the best port ? mine is is 10000-60000 , default set by the BT

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    When i set up a static for each of the PCs on my network , how do i make them have have different ip's ? I've noticed there might have been some type of ip error bwetween the two PC's connection.
    You need to give each pc it's own UNIQUE address on the lan. To do that the last bit (after the third ".") has to change.

It looks like your router has the address 192.168.1.1, so you can't use that for any of your pcs. So you could start numbering them 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 etc. There is potentially a problem with that too, some DHCP servers don't check that the address they are giving out has not already been used, but you don't need to worry about that if you are using static addresses throughout.

i know... , whats the best port ? mine is is 10000-60000 , default set by the BT
    I don't know where you got your copy of bittorrent, the usual defaults are 6881-6999, but as I've said these are blocked by many trackers. You should change bittorrent to use a much smaller range of ports (otherwise you are just wasting system resources), then set your router to forward those same ports.

You can use bittorrent on other pcs at the same time if you wish, but each pc also needs to use a unique range of ports so that you can forward the right ports to the right pc.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast