Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Saving Private Ryan

Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Well you read as you wish. You are a lost cause.

I try to have a reasonable discussion, you just want to twist words. Your loss, not mine.

You can lie to impress your forum friends, but niether of you actually believes that my philosophy is love it or leave it. That is just your political rhetoric, in your binary world.
    How many times you going to edit this one Hobbes? This is the second so far...

I just read what you wrote and offered my interpretation of it... I'll leave it to others to draw their own conclusions...
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    How many times you going to edit this one Hobbes? This is the second so far...

I just read what you wrote and offered my interpretation of it... I'll leave it to others to draw their own conclusions...
    So, when I said, "that is not what I meant". What did that mean to you.

Does that meant I support "love it or leave it" or was that more of a clarification to someone who really missed the point?

Hmmm. Obvious. Keep twisting as necessary.

Why don't you ask me if I support, "love it or leave it". I say "no". Is that clear enough?

I just don't like emotive posts about people wanting to leave the country when they are spouting emotional drivel.

Got it. is that clear enough?

Do the edits change the meaning? No, not one iota.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-12-2004 at 04:36 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Re: Marines on the frontlines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Everose
    To help me understand who your enemy is, Scroff, would you say it is everyone in America who voted for Bush, and possibly all of those who didn't vote? And also, I would like to ask you if you have any aspirations to teaching these Bush voters the error of their ways, or to alienate them even further with your views?
    If you have to ask you must be one

I think the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean InSannity, Michael "Savage", Joe (hey, what's this dead woman doing in my office???) Scarborough, and their millions of listeners have already alienated and divided this country... I could do no better.

The enemy are people who send out emails like this "We will also soon be implementing a more responsive ranking system where your organizational rank will be determined by your participation in our world-wide effort to destroy the left intellectually."

or

"I could not hold back the tears of joy. Hour by hour, we observed a "slam dunk" as the Church of Jesus Christ made the difference in initiating the return of this nation to moral sanity and the Judeo-Christian ethic."

That's but a few examples....

At this point, I'm not trying to do anything with these folks, they are beyond teaching... but those "swing voters" aren't. After a few mopre years of the Moral Majority running the show, I think people will return to a saner viewpoint.
    So the swing voter are, or are not part of your agenda, Scroff?
    You'll have to ask Hobbes, he's the one that insists I have some sick twisted disgusting agenda... I always thought I was exersizing my first amendment rights...
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    You'll have to ask Hobbes, he's the one that insists I have some sick twisted disgusting agenda... I always thought I was exersizing my first amendment rights...

I said you have an agenda (which you have admitted- Getting rid of Bush) and you twist words, as you are doing again.

Are truth and reality difficult for you?
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-12-2004 at 04:40 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    I believe I said that was my agenda. LOL
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    I believe I said that was my agenda. LOL
    What is this some sort of distraction from what you said about me earlier? You have really pissed me off.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Poster
    From what I have seen, Hobbes listens to you. And it might be he feels as I do.......you have your rights to express your opinion. I have seen him agree with many of your posts. But when he tries to express his, or questions a post of yours and its intent, it is not taken kindly, it is not even taken. It is dismissed with your and Ruthie laughing out loud on the floor at him. imho
    Last edited by Everose; 11-12-2004 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Edited because I cannot talk for Hobbes.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    Sanctuary!
    So, when I said, "that is not what I meant". What did that mean to you.
    You didn't say that until now. Here's what you said;

"I NEVER said that.

I said that if you think the system does not work, you should leave. If you think the system does work and you can effect change, then you should stay in pursuit of your ideals."

Which isn't at all what you said. With all the editing you do I would think you would have caught your typo. Rather than admit making a typo, you accuse me of twisting your words. That sounds alot to me like Bush not being willing to admit he's made any mistakes, hmmm.....

Does that meant I support "love it or leave it" or was that more of a clarification to someone who really missed the point?
    I didn't miss the point, you made a typo, I guess, according to all this other stuff you're saying.

I just don't like emotive posts about people wanting to leave the country when they are spouting emotional drivel.

Got it. is that clear enough?
    And here I thought you were the "sensitive" one....

Do the edits change the meaning? No, not one iota.
    I guess, if people don't see the original post, they won't know if it changes the meaning, will they?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    What is this some sort of distraction from what you said about me earlier? You have really pissed me off.
    No, I am correcting you. I said that was my agenda.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    No, I am correcting you. I said that was my agenda.
    I'm talking about your pathetic "love it or leave it comments". Way below the belt, IMHO.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast