Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Actually Busyman, your analogy is not valid.

Ones choice in color preference is not at all related to survivability.

As animals, our purpose is to reproduce. In order to do this we must have some "sense" that directs us to how to do this.

"Arousal" is a chemical process that is instinctive and unbidden. It directs the males to the females for reproduction.

The concious thought that females smell nice, feel nice, look nice is biologically driven.

Just like most people think bacon smells good. Why does it smell so good? It is the burning of the fat. Fat has the highest energy content of any food source out there.

Our primitive brains detect the fat smell and tell the unconcious mind that high quality food is available. Conciously, we perceive this as "I like bacon", but really it is our brain that is telling us to think that. Even when we cook steaks, it is the fat around the edges and not the meat which smells so alluring.

Also explains why butter makes things taste so much better, all that milk fat.

If I cook tree bark your brain will ignore the scent as there are no nutrients in it worth salvaging. Is it possible for you to think that tree bark smells as delicious as bacon, no, you are not wired that way.

On the other hand, a termite might drool at the scent of cooking tree bark.

Same scent, completely different reaction. You cannot choose to make tree bark smell good.

Nothing is "real", it is all perception. There is no such thing as "pain" or "cold" or "sexy". These are just ways in which our senses and body communicate with the mind to either encourage or penalize behavior.

It is our innate programming which draws us to food to eat and ladies to have sex with, we just seem to think that we are making some objective choice.
    What if I don't like bacon? I think it stinks. It must be my subconscious telling me to ignore bacon fat because it's good for me.

By the way as a sentient being, I am making a choice of whom I have sex with.
    Tree bark has the same scent as bacon?
    I want bacon because I...... subconsciously associate the smellwithfatandhighqualitycontentwhichisgoodwholesomenutritiousformybody?

Why can't it be.....it smells like food and I'm hungry. I'm detecting fat?

Theory

This is getting ridiculous.

Nuff said.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-15-2004 at 06:36 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Huh.. Why use feelings/emotions/sexual turn ons together but then separate them when it suits you?
    Gays are not breeding though. Also this is about sexual preference.

i didn't seperate them...i don't have to use them all in evey post...i would get repeatative strain syndrom
    Quote Originally Posted by busy
    Well yours is flawed. Mine is not
    we have just discovered busy's true identity.

BTW i asked the question because you said one can't help feelings
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-15-2004 at 06:38 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    i didn't seperate them...i don't have to use them all in evey post...i would get repeatative strain syndrom
    we have just discovered busy's true identity.

BTW i asked the question because you said one can't help feelings
    You said sexual urge is not a feeling, it's instinct. You then inferred that being gay is instinct.

But before you said someone is gay because of their feelings.

Get it straight vid...

Now you call me Bush because I don't believe gays are born. Suck ball hair vid. Suck ball hair.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    What if I don't like bacon? I think it stinks. It must be my subconscious telling me to ignore bacon fat because it's good for me.

By the way as a sentient being, I am making a choice of whom I have sex with.
    Tree bark has the same scent as bacon?
    I want bacon because I...... subconsciously associate the smellwithfatandhighqualitycontentwhichisgoodwholesomenutritiousformybody?

Why can't it be.....it smells like food and I'm hungry. I'm detecting fat?

Theory

This is getting ridiculous.

Nuff said.
    Yes, when you start dismissing fact after scientific fact because they don't fit your conclusion.

Yes, bacon smell is perceived as "yummy" because the body recognizes it as an energy source. Other food sources have different levels of "yummy" associated with them.

How delicious is plain dry chicken, tastes ok, not exciting. Fry it up, cover it in butter, now it becomes mouth-watering.

I said the exact same scent can be interpreted as "delicious" or "putrid", based on the energy source an organism uses.

Why do you think feces smells bad, it has been stripped of all that we can use. What do dung beetles do with feces, that make a house out it. They can't get enough of the stuff. What about a rotting carcass, we think it smells horrible, meanwhile the flies are having a field day. Same smell, different reaction. Do you think these smell perceptions are just choices?

It is all perception, a perception driven by biological need.

Hair color is a preference, male vs female is innate programming.

As to you not liking the smell of bacon, that is possible. Just like it is possible that you are not attracted to women. Your definitely in the minority, but you have really made no choice, that is just how you are.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Yes, when you start dismissing fact after scientific fact because they don't fit your conclusion.

Yes, bacon smell is perceived as "yummy" because the body recognizes it as an energy source. Other food sources have different levels of "yummy" associated with them.

How delicious is plain dry chicken, tastes ok, not exciting. Fry it up, cover it in butter, now it becomes mouth-watering.

I said the exact same scent can be interpreted as "delicious" or "putrid", based on the energy source an organism uses.

Why do you think feces smells bad, it has been stripped of all that we can use. What do dung beetles do with feces, that make a house out it. They can't get enough of the stuff. What about a rotting carcass, we think it smells horrible, meanwhile the flies are having a field day. Same smell, different reaction. Do you think these smell perceptions are just choices?

It is all perception, a perception driven by biological need.

Hair color is a preference, male vs female is innate programming.

As to you not liking the smell of bacon, that is possible. Just like it is possible that you are not attracted to women. Your definitely in the minority, but you have really made no choice, that is just how you are.
    I never said I dismiss it but you lump everything together when it's theory. Keep in mind that some human cultures use dung...even though it smells putrid. What you say doesn't work for everything.
    THEORY
    If I don't like bacon, I don't like bacon.

Hair color is a preference but so is who I'm attracted to.

Why is one preference but not the other in your book?

It's possible you like banging fellas but were you programmed to do so?
    According to you, you can't help yourself.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    I never said I dismiss it but you lump everything together when it's theory. Keep in mind that some human cultures use dung...even though it smells putrid. What you say doesn't work for everything.
    THEORY
    If I don't like bacon, I don't like bacon.

Hair color is a preference but so is who I'm attracted to.

Why is one preference but not the other in your book?

It's possible you like banging fellas but were you programmed to do so?
    According to you, you can't help yourself.
    Yes, you are correct, wierd things do occur.

But I am trying to define the "norm", not the exceptions to it.

The vast majority of those that are gay were born that way. The arousal is unconcious, but the act is voluntary.

I consider a person gay if they are attracted to the same sex, whether they actually ever have sex at all.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-15-2004 at 08:00 PM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    You said sexual urge is not a feeling, it's instinct. You then inferred that being gay is instinct.

But before you said someone is gay because of their feelings.

Get it straight vid...

Now you call me Bush because I don't believe gays are born. Suck ball hair vid. Suck ball hair.
    i said people are gay because of sexual urge feelings emotions..et.c etc. excuse me if some words were left out of the thersaurus not because of the act....the question was raised because YOU said this
    Quote Originally Posted by busyman
    The act is a choice. The feeling is not.
    You said it...not I

Now you call me Bush because I don't believe gays are born.
    no i called you bush because you said this
    Quote Originally Posted by busyman
    Well yours is flawed. Mine is not.
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-15-2004 at 08:55 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    i said people are gay because of sexual urge feelings emotions..et.c etc. excuse me if some words were left out of the thersaurus not because of the act....the question was raised because YOU said this
    You said it...not I

What I said has absolutely nothing to do with you contradicting yourself. So what if I said the act is choice, the feeling is not. I stand behind what I said

no i called you bush because you said this

Oh, ok then. When you contradict yourself what choice do I have but to call your logic flawed?

Let's break it down from what you said.

sexual urge not feeling
    sexual urge = instinct
    gay = instinct
    gay because of feelings

Do the math.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    to clear it up for you.... sexual urge is an instinct, we act on insticts, feelings are emotions controlled by our urges, you can't have the "feeling" of being gay without the urge.
    My view is that people are born gay, that means it must be instinct..which follows with control of feelings......get it?

i don't see the contradiction

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    to clear it up for you.... sexual urge is an instinct, we act on insticts, feelings are emotions controlled by our urges, you can't have the "feeling" of being gay without the urge.
    My view is that people are born gay, that means it must be instinct..which follows with control of feelings......get it?

i don't see the contradiction
    Well now you don't when you "clean it up", of course.

What is a woman that has one gay experience?
    I have the urge to have my dick sucked by my woman. Is that instinct?
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-15-2004 at 09:28 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast