Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

Thread: Gay Marriage

I disagree about letting christianity 'keep' the word, i have no recollection of christians complaining about other religions/people using the word marriage to describe the state of union that their religious/civil ceremonies provide. It seems to me that the word has slipped past the strict christian origins and has taken on a broader definition. Imo its a bit late in hte day to try and claim ownership of the word and as Hobbes pointed out, this is clearly an attempt to muddy the waters.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #222
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Again, you are taking a concept, "That the religious are making this an issue" and finding an exception for the rule. They are the voice against "Gay Marraige" not the "society of agnostics and athiests".

Let's stick to the concepts and not quibble exceptions, but you go girl.

So, people are born gay, as the rule.
    Religious people are the most vocal in opposing gay marraige, as a rule.
    I'm taking a concept?

Who's quibbling? I was agreeing with the understanding that you posed ya bastard.

People are born gay is not the rule. It's a far-fetched concept.
    You are saying it's the rule and then say case closed.....bububut it's sexuaaaaality.

I guess agree with the religious folk concept though.

I disagree with gay marriage different reasons.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-20-2004 at 04:05 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #223
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    I disagree about letting christianity 'keep' the word, i have no recollection of christians complaining about other religions/people using the word marriage to describe the state of union that their religious/civil ceremonies provide. It seems to me that the word has slipped past the strict christian origins and has taken on a broader definition. Imo its a bit late in hte day to try and claim ownership of the word and as Hobbes pointed out, this is clearly an attempt to muddy the waters.
    That's because it's basically the same union....you know...the husband and wife. That's not so far-fetched.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I'm taking a concept?

Who's quibbling? I was agreeing with the understanding that you posed ya bastard.

People are born gay is not the rule. It's a far-fetched concept.
    You are saying it's the rule and then say case closed.....bububut it's sexuaaaaality.

I guess agree with the religious folk concept though.

I disagree with gay marriage different reasons.
    Ok BM. Sorry about that. Ya bar-stard .
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-20-2004 at 04:21 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #225
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    perhaps the question is still misunderstood

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223