Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Erm excuse me, it may not have gone on as long, but many gays have bean beaten, bombed, spat on, murdered etc just the same, the only reason it has'nt gone on as long is because for the most part no one knew what a gay man was, it was very hush hush.

Agreed, but all a black had to do was show themselves and persecution followed. A big difference. A gay person had to worry about who and where they loved and could be done secretly.

So you want all tv violence and games banned too?

Read man read....network tv more sanitized. I never offered actual solutions. Bill Clinton's V-Chip springs to mind or some iteration of it. Cable already has parental control.

Jonno
    No one said a thing about games. The age requirements need to be enforced although I'm sure age-worthy folks will sell to minors. I still would make it harder to obtain.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #92
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I believe in science but apparently you attribute a scalable attribute to sexual preference.

You have pigeon holed this particular feeling to science. Why not others? Sexuality must trump everything huh?

If a woman makes a decision to lick twat then her sliding scale must have been at an 8? Or has too much gay chemical?

You guys sure know alot from saying the scientific community believes the "born with" mantra and not going outside of your family atmosphere.

I guess they must correct about the Big Bang too. They said so, so of course they absolutely correct about the beginning of life.
    i didn't say anything about sliding scales... i believe one is gay, hetro or bi.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #93
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    i didn't say anything about sliding scales... i believe one is gay, hetro or bi.
    You are right. My bad. RIF.

So there is some chemical, gene, etc that determines one's sexual feelings.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #94
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    This is not meant to be a pun. When I was younger I can remember an old fellow saying:

'A standing cock has no conscience'

There is a lot of truth in that statement.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #95
    ok...my opinion.

i believe in the born theory. i think that the choice theory has more to do with a fear that if it's natural then it isn't a sin and therefore has to be accepted.
    there is no evedence that children raised by same sex couples will be gay... there is strong evidence that some children raised by hetro couples will be gay...deny it...

acceptance breeds tolerance... it doesn't change sexuality.. i didn't get an answer to this,

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Busyman
    The act is a choice. The feeling is not.

just for my clarification of your view on this.

do you consider someone that has these feelings but chose not to act on them as being "gay"

I ask this because to me someone is "gay" because of their feelings/emotions/sexual turn ons....... not just because they have sex with the same sex.

if this is the case then people are born gay, but choose not to act on it...?????
    perhaps i missed it.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #96
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    This is not meant to be a pun. When I was younger I can remember an old fellow saying:

'A standing cock has no conscience'

There is a lot of truth in that statement.
    I heard in days of old,

when knights were bold,

and women wern't invented.

men stuck their cocks,

into the rocks,

And then they were contented

7. The Drawing Room   -   #97
    ok...my opinion.

i believe in the born theory. i think that the choice theory has more to do with a fear that if it's natural then it isn't a sin and therefore has to be accepted.
    there is no evedence that children raised by same sex couples will be gay... there is strong evidence that some children raised by hetro couples will be gay...deny it...

acceptance breeds tolerance... it doesn't change sexuality.. i didn't get an answer to this,
    perhaps i missed it.
    Acceptance also breeds influence and that's undeniable.

just for my clarification of your view on this.

do you consider someone that has these feelings but chose not to act on them as being "gay"

I guess so if you want to label it that way. Keep in mind your scientific community pretty much agrees that just about everyone has had those feelings at one time or another.

I ask this because to me someone is "gay" because of their feelings/emotions/sexual turn ons....... not just because they have sex with the same sex.

if this is the case then people are born gay, but choose not to act on it...?????
    How did you jump to that? Someone feels a certain way, so they were born with that feeling? Feelings are just that, feelings. You are trying to pigeon hole the way one feels sexually with a "born with" mantra but nothing else.

Was I born to like blue?

It seems you can't get past scientificalizing preferences.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #98

How did you jump to that? Someone feels a certain way, so they were born with that feeling? Feelings are just that, feelings. You are trying to pigeon hole the way one feels sexually with a "born with" mantra but nothing else.

Was I born to like blue?

I am not using scientific theory in this...i am using some of that "life logic" you seem so keen on.

as to the "feelings"...sexual urge is not a feeling...it's an instinct... we have sex out of instinct to breed...this would happen even without "birds and bees" education.... so why would the urge to be gay not be an instinct?

please feel free to repeat the same "logic" again...you have only done so about a squillion times.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #99

Was I born to like blue?

Actually Busyman, your analogy is not valid.

Ones choice in color preference is not at all related to survivability.

As animals our purpose is to reproduce. In order to do this animals

Actually Busyman, your analogy is not valid.

Ones choice in color preference is not at all related to survivability.

As animals, our purpose is to reproduce. In order to do this we must have some "sense" that directs us to how to do this.

"Arousal" is a chemical process that is instinctive and unbidden. It directs the males to the females for reproduction.

The concious thought that females smell nice, feel nice, look nice is biologically driven.

Just like most people think bacon smells good. Why does it smell so good? It is the burning of the fat. Fat has the highest energy content of any food source out there.

Our primitive brains detect the fat smell and tell the unconcious mind that high quality food is available. Conciously, we perceive this as "I like bacon", but really it is our brain that is telling us to think that. Even when we cook steaks, it is the fat around the edges and not the meat which smells so alluring.

Also explains why butter makes things taste so much better, all that milk fat.

If I cook tree bark your brain will ignore the scent as there are no nutrients in it worth salvaging. Is it possible for you to think that tree bark smells as delicious as bacon, no, you are not wired that way.

On the other hand, a termite might drool at the scent of cooking tree bark.

Same scent, completely different reaction. You cannot choose to make tree bark smell good.

Nothing is "real", it is all perception. There is no such thing as "pain" or "cold" or "sexy". These are just ways in which our senses and body communicate with the mind to either encourage or penalize behavior.

It is our innate programming which draws us to food to eat and ladies to have sex with, we just seem to think that we are making some objective choice.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #100
    I am not using scientific theory in this...i am using some of that "life logic" you seem so keen on.

as to the "feelings"...sexual urge is not a feeling...it's an instinct... we have sex out of instinct to breed...this would happen even without "birds and bees" education.... so why would the urge to be gay not be an instinct?

Huh.. Why use feelings/emotions/sexual turn ons together but then separate them when it suits you?

Gays are not breeding though. Also this is about sexual preference.

please feel free to repeat the same "logic" again...you have only done so about a squillion times.
    Well yours is flawed. Mine is not.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-15-2004 at 06:23 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast