Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by busyman
    the act is choice the feeling is not.
    why can you help the feeling?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #202
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    why can you help the feeling?
    Expound please...
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #203
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    No one can control their Feelings or Emotions, if they are a fully functioning Human Being.

Psychopaths may be different

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Expound please...
    it should have been why CAN'T you control feelings..... mistype.
    you stated that the act is choice the feeling is not...why isn't the feeling a choice? what makes it not a choice?

what is it in us that causes us to feel?
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-18-2004 at 02:40 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #205
    it should have been why CAN'T you control feelings..... mistype.
    you stated that the act is choice the feeling is not...why isn't the feeling a choice? what makes it not a choice?

what is it in us that causes us to feel?
    I can't tell you why I can't choose to feel a certain way. It may be environmental factors.

I couldn't choose to get jealous of person A but I may get jealous of person B because they are closer to me. Who knows?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #206
    Well i was trying to get a bit more basic than that.

Animals...humans included because we are animals are really just biological machines.
    Everything the human body does, physically and mentally is controlled by chemicals the brain controls this via "electrical" signals...it controls senses, this is why we smell, touch, and our organs produce what we need to exist and genes tell the body how to grow and what to grow..etc.

So the question is what tells the brain to convert electronic signals into emotions...such as "feeling gay" if that feeling can't be helped?

I am using your "feelings" arguement of sexuality when asking this... i am asking a question about your logic and how you explain it with basic human make up.

Quote Originally Posted by busy
    It may be environmental factors
    What enviromental factors?
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-18-2004 at 03:49 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #207
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    No one can control their Feelings or Emotions, if they are a fully functioning Human Being.

Psychopaths may be different
    Am i missing something...

Or have you both just agreed with my above statement in different ways?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #208
    Well i was trying to get a bit more basic than that.

Animals...humans included because we are animals are really just biological machines.
    Everything the human body does, physically and mentally is controlled by chemicals the brain controls this via "electrical" signals...it controls senses, this is why we smell, touch, and our organs produce what we need to exist and genes tell the body how to grow and what to grow..etc.

So the question is what tells the brain to convert electronic signals into emotions...such as "feeling gay" if that feeling can't be helped?

I am using your "feelings" arguement of sexuality when asking this... i am asking a question about your logic and how you explain it with basic human make up.

Any environmental factor can influence how we feel....

....from what you might consider the most mundane to the most profound.

Some men consider how a woman's feet look when I consider it inconsequential. To those men she's a turn off.

I don't think he was hard-wired to reject corn-chip feet.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-18-2004 at 04:31 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Am i missing something...

Or have you both just agreed with my above statement in different ways?
    I think you answered my mistype, my "life logic" theory all along was that if we can't control the "gay feeling/emotion" why is it so unbelievable that homosexuals are born that way.....what is stopping us controlling them.

i made a hypothetical scenario about 20,000 babies with no outside influence and no sexual education suggesting that some would become gay...well how would that be down to influence?.

Busy answered...i bet some will be murderers he didn't answer how or why some would be gay.
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-18-2004 at 06:37 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Any environmental factor can influence how we feel....

....from what you might consider the most mundane to the most profound.

Some men consider how a woman's feet look when I consider it inconsequential. To those men she's a turn off.

I don't think he was hard-wired to reject corn-chip feet.
    you gave no answer to this

all you answered was