Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade Windows ME to XP is dearer ! WHY ?

Thanks guys for all of your help and suggestions.

I still think Microdollars should offer me Xp full new version at half price for putting up with ME.

I have writen to them, but have only got a brief interim reply so far.

Regards
    Digby

If I downloaded a copy of XP from say K/L how easy woudl it then be to do a clean install ? Would I then have to burn it on to a CD ?

This why I really want to buy a legit copy of XP as it should work properly etc.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Woah. Either I'm really tired or those prices you quoted are just plain wrong!

Everyone knows the UK is probably one of the most expensive places in Europe, but I can purchase Windows XP Home for £64.63 ($170.96 NZ) or Pro for £100 ($264.53).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    DO NOT UPGRADE ME TO XP. I REPEAT, DO NOT UPGRADE FROM ME TO XP. This will result in numerous errors. It will multiply the errors in the already terrible operating system of ME times fourteen if you upgrade it to XP.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    DO NOT UPGRADE ME TO XP. I REPEAT, DO NOT UPGRADE FROM ME TO XP. This will result in numerous errors. It will multiply the errors in the already terrible operating system of ME times fourteen if you upgrade it to XP.
    This one says it all. I agree, the Upgrade is the last option, Clean Install is the way to go.

I saw few Win XP Pro Corporate (no activation) with SP2 integrated on
    suprnova today.

DL the ISO and try it out yourself, they're usually as good if not better than originals.

Spoiler: Show

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12