Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 Contains a Trojan Horse! Must Read!

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse

2. Games   -   #2
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    More Information About New Xbox LIVE Ban System

>> Angerwound sent us new information about the new Xbox LIVE banning system.
    Apparently Microsoft is now only banning the HDD-Key and not the Serial Number/Mac Address of the EEprom as before. This means that you do not need a whole new EEprom to get unbanned, but only a valid and non-banned HDD-Key.

So if your Xbox got banned you can unban it by unlocking your HD, change the HDD-Key in your EEprom (using configmagic or other EEprom tools) with a unbanned one from another EEprom (you can't just use a random key - it must be a valid one from a retail box), then just relock your HD and your Xbox will be unbanned. Even using an old banned EEprom and change it with an unbanned HDD-Key, will allow you to connect on LIVE. This has been tested for over a week and the xbox is still not banned. The box in question has been banned several times before as well as had it's live account terminated. Angerwound even tested it by putting random information on all other paramaters except the HDD-Key and it connected fine on LIVE.

This could have a great deal to do with why people are randomly getting banned now.
    They had previously been using a valid serial number/Mac address but now the authentication servers do not want to validate their HDD Key.

The above information tells you how to get unbanned, but if you don't change anything to your setup it's likely you'll get banned again of course. At this moment we don't know yet what MS is all checking to ban an Xbox...
    However, they are probably checking several things on the HD. So best thing you can do is to use your MS retail and untouched (no homebrew/hacked files) HD (don't forget to also unlock with old key/relock it with the new key) only to connect on LIVE.

I dont think its just Halo 2 that allows M$ to snoop thiugh your Xbox, I'd assume all Live games have this capablity.

3. Games   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    that's stupid.

4. Games   -   #4
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    :shrug:

If you don't pay.... atleast you're getting games for free.

5. Games   -   #5
    thecreator89's Avatar EFFYOUsion, biotch
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    that's stupid.
    What up Yo
    You know who this is
    By the way, Microsoft has too many enemies.
    heard of eEye?
    The head guy- he's one of Us "bad guys" who defected and now helps microsoft.
    Really, WTF?!?!
    But many otrhers like him will still work to thwart microsoft.
    I can safely say that Xbox Live will be usable for any Xbox Whenever and Whatever
    Last edited by thecreator89; 11-20-2004 at 01:12 AM.
    <<<FIRE>>><<<FOR>>><<<EFFECT>>>
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Dual Core
    ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4
    Corsair 2x512MB PC3200
    XFX Nvidia 7600GT 256MB
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
    Samsung 940b-19" 8ms 700:1

6. Games   -   #6
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thecreator89
    What up Yo
    You know who this is

7. Games   -   #7
    thecreator89's Avatar EFFYOUsion, biotch
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    STat Class Fu
    YOu do'nt know me??:crying::crying:
    <<<FIRE>>><<<FOR>>><<<EFFECT>>>
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Dual Core
    ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4
    Corsair 2x512MB PC3200
    XFX Nvidia 7600GT 256MB
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
    Samsung 940b-19" 8ms 700:1

8. Games   -   #8
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5

9. Games   -   #9
    More Information About New Xbox LIVE Ban System
    >> Angerwound sent us new information about the new Xbox LIVE banning system.
    Apparently Microsoft is now only banning the HDD-Key and not the Serial Number/Mac Address of the EEprom as before. This means that you do not need a whole new EEprom to get unbanned, but only a valid and non-banned HDD-Key.

So if your Xbox got banned you can unban it by unlocking your HD, change the HDD-Key in your EEprom (using configmagic or other EEprom tools) with a unbanned one from another EEprom (you can't just use a random key - it must be a valid one from a retail box), then just relock your HD and your Xbox will be unbanned. Even using an old banned EEprom and change it with an unbanned HDD-Key, will allow you to connect on LIVE. This has been tested for over a week and the xbox is still not banned. The box in question has been banned several times before as well as had it's live account terminated. Angerwound even tested it by putting random information on all other paramaters except the HDD-Key and it connected fine on LIVE.

This could have a great deal to do with why people are randomly getting banned now.
    They had previously been using a valid serial number/Mac address but now the authentication servers do not want to validate their HDD Key.

The above information tells you how to get unbanned, but if you don't change anything to your setup it's likely you'll get banned again of course. At this moment we don't know yet what MS is all checking to ban an Xbox...
    However, they are probably checking several things on the HD. So best thing you can do is to use your MS retail and untouched (no homebrew/hacked files) HD (don't forget to also unlock with old key/relock it with the new key) only to connect on LIVE.
    I think thats great news. If I had Live and my main drive got detected and banned, I would just pop in my old one and remove the softmod.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Games   -   #10
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by thecreator89
    STat Class Fu
    YOu do'nt know me??:crying::crying:

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast