Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little help with Counter Strike Source

I just downloaded this or i think its this from a torrent site the File contains a BIN i dont no what to do with it someone told me i need to burn it to a cd but iam not sure. BTW the filesize is 600 sumthing MB

2. Games   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by dking
    I just downloaded this or i think its this from a torrent site the File contains a BIN i dont no what to do with it someone told me i need to burn it to a cd but iam not sure. BTW the filesize is 600 sumthing MB
    A .bin file is basically an image of a disc.

Nero can burn this image with no problems.

You can also use WinISO to open it up and extract it's contents to a folder and burn them from there if you're having trouble. Just ensure that the disc is named EXACTLY as it is when you open up the .bin in WinISO.

Nero is the easier option though.

3. Games   -   #3
    i got a problem with this game too....i've been playin for the past month already, but just recently i decided to update windows to isp2. Now I get the error "steamstartup failed():SteamStartup(0xf0x12e648) failed with error 108: The local Steam Service is not running"
    any fix to this?

4. Games   -   #4
    Retired
    did you do everything that was writen in the NFO? do you also have the patch 5 installed?

5. Games   -   #5
    Ok the file i downloaded is a RAR so i'm using WINRAR to open i got a bin and a cue file so i tryed to extract them out of the RAR folder and it says i need a password ??? i no i need to burn them to a CD with Nero but i cant extract them out of the original file can anyone help me?

6. Games   -   #6
    Ok the file i downloaded is a RAR so i'm using WINRAR to open i got a bin and a cue file so i tryed to extract them out of the RAR folder and it says i need a password ??? i no i need to burn them to a CD with Nero but i cant extract them out of the original file can anyone help me?
    dude....there is no need to burn anything. First of all which version of the game do you have? emporio? secondly all the instructions to run the game are in the nfo file..you have to update your files to the current version(#5) apply the cracks and sign up with steam. Change your steamapp.cfg file with your steam info. Change your css shortcut icon with the line "C:\Program Files\CounterStrike Source\hl2.exe" -steam -console -game cstrike

7. Games   -   #7
    now back to my problem....

8. Games   -   #8
    i cant open anything in the RAR folder i downloaded its all encrypted with a password i cant open the NFO file or extract the BIN and CUE

9. Games   -   #9
    The one i downloaded was Counter-Strike.Source.PROPER-released-for-www.bitcity.de.vu-by-stinger

10. Games   -   #10
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    The one i downloaded was Counter-Strike.Source.PROPER-released-for-www.bitcity.de.vu-by-stinger

Try the following passwords:

bitcity
    www.bitcity.de.vu
    stinger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast