Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where To Download Files On The Web?

I cannot use any p2p tools as i'm being blocked by the firewall or proxy. I can only surf the internet and download programs. Where can i find, on the web, files to download; i mean music and movies, same as that found on kazaa or any p2p tool?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by freemind@29 March 2003 - 11:32
    I cannot use any p2p tools as i'm being blocked by the firewall or proxy. I can only surf the internet and download programs. Where can i find, on the web, files to download; i mean music and movies, same as that found on kazaa or any p2p tool?
    Whose firewall is blocking you.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by freemind@29 March 2003 - 11:32
    For music you can try MP3.com
    For movies i'm not sure.. some members here must know some cool links for you.

Maybe ShareReactor

Question: Why are you behind a firewall? Issit because you are surfing with a pc's at where you work?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Do a forum search or gooogle search for bittirent. I'm not sure that's the correct spelling but this shit allows you to download movies and music from the site and there are links for some of the downloads or you can readfaq to figure out settings to get around your proxy and firewall.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    i think slick means bit torrent, it's alright..if you know were to look.

What sites do you use for BT slick?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    BitTorrent requires direct ip-to-ip connections. As far as I know it won't work behind a firewall (or router with its ports not forwarded.)

BearShare or Shareaza may work from behind a firewalled/NATed connection as long as you use something other than the default ip port of 6346.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Is it a software or hardware firewall?
    If its software, you can usually right click and choose "Disable" But don't do that because its probably not allowed.

If its a hardware firewall, change Kazaa to use port 80 and it just might work.

If neither of those work, try bittorrent or use this on google:

APACHE INDEX songname.MP3
    or
    APACHE INDEX moviename.avi

Want to find a whole cd?
    APACHE INDEX cdname.iso
    Want a lot of music by an artist?
    APACHE INDEX /ARTIST NAME

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Hey CS I just found out about and as yet don't know where to look but in a thread about it people put up several sites with links for stuff for it.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    University firewall or proxy server, i don't know. But i'm able to surf the internet and download files. That's why if i could find some HTML pages and download files, this would me a lot

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Did you try the suggestions in my post or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast