Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PS2 Modding??

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Where can we buy a good modchip that should play almost all burnt games? It could be soldered or non soldered.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I'm not 100% what the rules are here about posting sites for modchip but I'll post a good site to buy from and a mod can remove it if need be then I'll just pm it to you... The site is www.foundmy.com go to the site click on The Device this is where the chips are... I would recommend the CRYSTAL CHIP when u get the chip it only supports booting of homebrew programs no backup games, But it is firmware upgradeable by simply downloading the firmware and burning to cdr and putting it in the system... And I know where to get the hacked firmware that will let it boot backups. So u can PM me to get that. if u dicide to go with the chip I suggested.
    Also u may notice that site sells HDloader don't buy it. u can download a patched better version online. I can also let u know where to get that... For the HDloader thing u will need a network adapter and I would recommend a maxtor HD of any size but I wouldn't go smaller then 80gb. btw the chip has to be soldered. There probably alot more info I can cover but to much at once so after this post anymore questions let me know.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    what's a homebrew game...and why no backups...isn't a burnt game a backup?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Homebrew programs are fan made such as HDloader which was fan made. The chip only boots homebrew because of legal problems in the communty latly. So they allow homebrew and no backup/burned games. But the firmware upgrade for the chip are open source so there are hacked versions on the net so u can upgrade the chip to play backups.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    modchips.ca i have placed a few orders there, and so have my friends.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    modchipstore.com

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    muchspl2
    I got hdloader for 36 shipped from www.gocybershop.ca
    they also sell flip tops and chips
    I love my hdloader, here is a list of the games that work with it, only a few don't play
    http://www.hdloader.net/forums/archi....php/t-70.html

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2
    I got hdloader for 36 shipped from www.gocybershop.ca
    they also sell flip tops and chips
    I love my hdloader, here is a list of the games that work with it, only a few don't play
    http://www.hdloader.net/forums/archi....php/t-70.html
    The downloadable version is better has patchs for it. allows more games to work and allows the use of larger hard drives..

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19

Tongue

i have one question

do i need a mod-chip,sawp magic, or a flip-top to save burned ps2 games to a HD-loader?

like can i just download a ps2 game off of suprnova extract it burn it to a DVD-R or DVD+R using a dvd burner start up my ps2 run the HD Loader then just put the backup disc into the ps2 would it just automaticly save to the hard drive?

I hope I Was Clear?
    (OSWINDOWS XP
    (PROCESSORAMD ATHLON XP 2000+, MMX, 3DNOW, ~1.7GHz
    (MEMORY 224 MB RAM
    (DIRECT X 9.0b
    (DISPLAY S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR
    (SOUND): VIA AC'97 AUDIO (WAVE)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    muchspl2
    no mod chip is needed with hdloader, but you have to buy hdloader
    you also need a network adapter

and correct you can just download off suprnova and transfer to your HD via WinHIIP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast