Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: What you think?

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Ok I just been told that prices will drop after xmas, would you think it's worth the wait to find out?

Jonno
    Yes, oh God yes.
    Maybe after Christmas your circumstances will have changed to the extent that other options will open up for you.
    Having to shop on a budget is tough, but having only one choice of vendors is horrible.
    You are forced to warp your desires to fit what they have available.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Yes, oh God yes.
    Maybe after Christmas your circumstances will have changed to the extent that other options will open up for you.
    Having to shop on a budget is tough, but having only one choice of vendors is horrible.
    Good idea there was a post about best shopping time , the day after xmas or boxing day!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Yes, oh God yes.
    Unfotunately they wont change, even 6 months from now I will still have to get it from there, as you prolly guessed I go no credit and these guys are the only people round who will do terms where I don't end up paying £900 for a £350 machine

Also I'm not patient enough to wait, never have been and I may well put a sledge hammer thru this puter before then
    I'll see what happens, I seriously doubt these people will have an xmas sale, they did'nt last year but I could be wrong, I will be seriously pissed off if it goes up after xmas tho

But thankyou for all your help guys, sepcially Smurfette

Jonno

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Unfotunately they wont change, even 6 months from now I will still have to get it from there, as you prolly guessed I go no credit and these guys are the only people round who will do terms where I don't end up paying £900 for a £350 machine
    OK...not to be redundant, but you are still thinking within the box and your circumstances demand a more creative solution.
    Surely by now you have developed a skill set of some sort that could be of use to a shop/person who has what you want.
    A barter could benefit the both of you.

You have absolutely nothing to lose, so get out of here and hit the bricks, boy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Oh I forgot to answer that, the nearest pc shop to me is 8 miles away and their cheapest (read as 1/2 the power of the above mentioned) is £899, and there's nothing I can do to work off that amount of money, maybe building work but due to medical issues I wont be oing any of that til well after xmas

It may sound like I'm making excuses but believe me, there's nothing round here like that, christ, I even have to travel 28 miles for strings for my guitar

Seriously, the ONLY way I can get a new one is on terms, and I refuse to pay 20% interest on it thats pointless

Donations would be greatfully received tho

Nah, s'ok I'll get one eventually, I've never owned my own puter so a few more weeks/months wont make any difference

Jonno

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    BigDaddy555's Avatar ONE MIN. NINE SEC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    It's crap. It's certainly not worth that money.

But that's just my opinion as I use my computer for games.

For an extra 70 quid you could get something like this from ebuyer:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=64657

Though if you really want to get something worth your money build it yourself.

Funny, thats almost exactly what I just built. AMD Athlon XP 3200, Maxtor (SATA) 160G HDD, MSI VIA KM400 + 8237 chipset based mobo. I dont have a dvd, just a Cd burner. guess Ill get to that next.........

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345