Thread: Something Is Wrong...

I have several moive files that I have downloaded that I know are longer than they show when played.

For example a file that is 600MB will play as a 45 second clip. If you drag the the postion bar back and forth you can see that it is an entire movie but the media player only thinks it is 45 seconds long.

I have tried different players and all seem to have the same issue.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it a CODEC issue? Is the file bad?

I am at a loss...any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by boohoo@29 March 2003 - 18:24
    I have several moive files that I have downloaded that I know are longer than they show when played.

For example a file that is 600MB will play as a 45 second clip. If you drag the the postion bar back and forth you can see that it is an entire movie but the media player only thinks it is 45 seconds long.

I have tried different players and all seem to have the same issue.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it a CODEC issue? Is the file bad?

I am at a loss...any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks!
    Nope! I think it's a FAKE movie issue!
    Just download verified movies!!

(But does the movie looks like it's real?) Is the real movie playing? Is it the movie it should be?
    If it is... i may be wrong.... than there is another problem!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Yeah it looks like it is all there - just for some reason the player thinks that it is 45 seconds worth - but if you move the slider bar you can see that all of the movie scences, etc. are there.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    If it's an mpg I've had that problem before - just a slightly corrupted file I think. You can reencode the file to an avi using virtualdub which should fix it. Actually Power DVD would play the particluar files I had, when no others (WMP, Zoom Player, BS Player) would.