Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

numba1xclusive's Avatar Xclusive Gangsta
    I'm at a bit of a pitfall....I bought G-cube at a time right after N64 when I thought Nintendo was the greatest thing ever...now I realize its a piece of crap, and instead of beating it to pieces, I wanna trade it in for an Xbox or PS2...which is better....I realize Xbox Live is involved, but I dont have Cable....or DSL for that matter...input would be greatly appreciated

Da Numba1Xclusive King

2. Games   -   #2
    The xbox is more powerful and you can do alot more things with it (softmod, xbox media center, play divx/xvid/avi/mpg/quicktime/etc movies). Both of them have alot of very good games out.

The new pstwo looks great, and is also easy to play burned games on. I think it comes down to which games you wanna play most. I think I would get the xbox.

I can set you up with one with a 200 GB harddrive (or bigger/smaller) and 100+ games on it.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Games   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    as you think the gamecube is crap i'd recommend a ps2, you get plenty of innovative and original games like mary-kate and ashley and tomb raider:yeah,we-killed-her-before-realising-we-can-still-milk-this-nonsense

sorry i get touchy when people diss nintendo :blush:

4. Games   -   #4
    numba1xclusive's Avatar Xclusive Gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    as you think the gamecube is crap i'd recommend a ps2, you get plenty of innovative and original games like mary-kate and ashley and tomb raider:yeah,we-killed-her-before-realising-we-can-still-milk-this-nonsense

sorry i get touchy when people diss nintendo :blush:
    But isnt nintendo coming out with some Donkey Konga crap?

Da Numba1Xclusive King

5. Games   -   #5
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    ps2 has san andreas

6. Games   -   #6
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    pc will have in may

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    no, the ps2 has a really crappy version of san andreas. have you ever seen a ps2 vice city and a half decent pc vice city running next to each other? youd be so depressed youd give away your ps2 to the next guy that knocked on the door!

as a 3d modeller myself, i can honestly say that the ps2 is easily the worst of the 3 big consoles in terms of graphics architecture and hardware design.its only saving grace is the ease you can code on it - and that you can play copied games if you want

its a credit to sonys marketing department (and game exclusive contracts) that they sell so well - cos in truth the machine is awful

thought id chuck in my two pence worth. and while the nintendo bashing goes on - ill happilly sit back and play resident evil 4, metroid prime 2 and the new zelda while i wait for san andreas on the pc next summer.....
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

8. Games   -   #8
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    is metroid prime 2 good? i really wanted to like the first but my brain cant handle platformer controls in an fps

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    it dont look bad - i really liked the first one though. controls a bit of a pain when youre used to pc fps - but they have half decent presets so it aint too bad. looks very good techincally and been getting good previews so fingers crossed!

its res evil 4 im really looking forward to - fantastic in every way from what ive seen of it
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by newcombe6
    no, the ps2 has a really crappy version of san andreas. have you ever seen a ps2 vice city and a half decent pc vice city running next to each other? youd be so depressed youd give away your ps2 to the next guy that knocked on the door!

as a 3d modeller myself, i can honestly say that the ps2 is easily the worst of the 3 big consoles in terms of graphics architecture and hardware design.its only saving grace is the ease you can code on it - and that you can play copied games if you want

its a credit to sonys marketing department (and game exclusive contracts) that they sell so well - cos in truth the machine is awful

thought id chuck in my two pence worth. and while the nintendo bashing goes on - ill happilly sit back and play resident evil 4, metroid prime 2 and the new zelda while i wait for san andreas on the pc next summer.....
    If someone wants to dish out $500 or more a year to be able to keep up with the devolopers for pc games, sure go ahead and get a pc. If you wanna spend $300 every 4 years for a console, you will be making the smart decision. So please, no console bashing.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast