Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVD shrink help

when i try to Rip the dvd on dvd shrink it says a copy protection error can someone please help me with this

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetz
    when i try to Rip the dvd on dvd shrink it says a copy protection error can someone please help me with this
    What version of DVDShrink are you running?

What brand/model burner are you using?

What type of media are you using?

What movie are you trying to shrink?

Also, is this happening at the end of the rip and are you attempting to turn the movie into an ISO?
    Last edited by Skizo; 11-23-2004 at 07:38 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    You can rip the whole movie by using DVD Decrypter. Use DVD Shrink after this has been completed.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    You can rip the whole movie by using DVD Decrypter. Use DVD Shrink after this has been completed.
    Don't you mean vice versa?

You gotta shrink it before you burn it. I shrink w/ DVDShrink and burn w/ DVDDecrypter.
    Last edited by Skizo; 11-23-2004 at 07:41 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Don't you mean vice versa?

You gotta shrink it before you burn it. I shrink w/ DVDShrink and burn w/ DVDDecrypter.
    No. DVD Decrypter can be used to extract the contents of a DVD and puts a copy onto your HDD.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    No. DVD Decrypter can be used to extract the contents of a DVD and puts a copy onto your HDD.
    I realize that, but he want's to burn to a disc I think. That's usually why you want to shrink it. (it sounds like) Samuri is trying to say is that in order to do that, he needs to use DVDDecrypter and THEN shrink. That's just unneccessary steps if he's going straight to disc. Maybe he'll reply and solve this for us.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    I realize that, but he want's to burn to a disc I think. That's usually why you want to shrink it. (it sounds like) Samuri is trying to say is that in order to do that, he needs to use DVDDecrypter and THEN shrink. That's just unneccessary steps if he's going straight to disc. Maybe he'll reply and solve this for us.
    He doesn't need to solve it for me. I understood what he meant. The topic is about someone having problems with "a copy protection error" so perhaps DVD Decrypter could get around this issue. (Maybe some new form of copy protection.)

Once the unprotected contents are on the HDD then he can use DVD Shrink.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 11-23-2004 at 09:15 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Goes Rawr!
    Strange, i can burn copyrighted material using dvd shrink =\

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    DVD Decrypter has advanced decoding techniques and as such are able to get around copyright protection 95% of the time. They are continually updating DVD Decrypter to ensure that the latest copyright protection can be beaten.

If Streetz is having problems with getting around this problem with DVD Shrink, it's no problem. DVD Decrypter can help out by decrypting the DVD and placing a copy of the movie on the users hard drive. He/She can then attempt to use DVD Shrink as they see fit, and burn the resulting file.

The DVD originally created by DVD Decrypter and placed on the HDD can be deleted at any time. You just need to ensure that your HDD has enough space for this.

Remember. DVD Shrink is software that enables you to burn a DVD and size it down if neccessary, hence the quote from their website.

DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD discs. You can use this software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy of any DVD video disc.
    DVD Decrypter is software to decrypt and burn DVD discs. A guide can be found here.

Thanks Virtualbody1234.

Samurai

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    i have DVD shrink 3.1 and a friend told me that he had the same problem i had and he got a older version of it and the error message didn't pop up.I looked everywhere and i couldn't find a older version of DVD shrink.If anyone know a site where i can download the older version please tell it to me

I don't kno if this is right but my friend told me that i rip it with DVD shrink and save the rip on my HDD and burn it with nero.Is this right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast