Thread: HL2 Question - How To Play CS:S ?

Poster

Surprised/Amazed

Ok. I installed Half-Life 2 a few minutes ago.How can I play , for example, Counter-Strike: Source, and other add-ons ?

Since I don'r own the original game, I can't start those games through Steam.Is there another way ?

2. Games   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ride
    Ok. I installed Half-Life 2 a few minutes ago.How can I play , for example, Counter-Strike: Source, and other add-ons ?

Since I don'r own the original game, I can't start those games through Steam.Is there another way ?
    CSS you can get from the emporio release, make sure you get the updates too, (up to # 5 thus far i believe)
    -TiMz

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Timz
    CSS you can get from the emporio release, make sure you get the updates too, (up to # 5 thus far i believe)
    But I installed HL2 and CS:S is included with it.I just need to know how to start CS:S

4. Games   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    u bought the game? make sure u installed css. a shortcut should show up

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    or go to start menu - then program files - then cs source
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    No , I didn't nought the game.There is a "cstrike" folder in my Half-Life 2 directory which is aprox. 750 MB.That's CSS in there, but I don't know how start the game since there is no CSS exe file to start it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to start the game through "hl2.exe" or "Launcher.exe" with a command line in the shortcut, like with old Half-Life ?

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ride
    No , I didn't nought the game.There is a "cstrike" folder in my Half-Life 2 directory which is aprox. 750 MB.That's CSS in there, but I don't know how start the game since there is no CSS exe file to start it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to start the game through "hl2.exe" or "Launcher.exe" with a command line in the shortcut, like with old Half-Life ?
    recently valve disabled 20k accounts of ppl who got the game pirated who were trying to play on steam, i dont think you can play CSS if you need to connect through steam, the Emporio thing bypasses that i believe
    -TiMz