View Poll Results: should the USA allow nuclear inspectors

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes so it can't be accused of double standards when it insists other countries are inspected

15 65.22%
  • yes because it has nothing to hide

0 0%
  • no it's nobody elses concern

0 0%
  • no they are the most powerful nation on earth and as such don't have to answer to anyone

1 4.35%
  • no because US security overides eveyone elses

0 0%
  • no because the USA isn't a threat to anyone

2 8.70%
  • yes because the USA is dangerous if unchecked

5 21.74%
  • no because it has nothing to hide

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: should the USA allow nuclear inspections?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Should the USA allow inspections of it's nuclear programs like every other country ?
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-23-2004 at 10:26 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Yes, they should, if they expect other countries to listen to them about their nuclear plants (Iran) they should allow themselves or as the option says it is blatant double standards

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    it'd have no effect anyway

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I chose
    yes so it can't be accused of double standards when it insists other countries are inspected

5. Lounge   -   #5
    i voted yes so a double standard isn't an issue. I believe if one wants to be diplomatic in the world better results are achieved if one says "hey, we are open about our weapons so please be open about yours" instead of "show us yours or else".

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    If the US were to allow inspections, what exactly would be the point?

It seems to me that the only countries that allow nuclear weapons inspections are those that are FORCED to.

Weapons inspections are an alternative to regime change, if you are a good boy.

Weapons inspections have nothing to do with fairness, it is about those with power looking to keep it. Why would anybody be confused about this?

Our biggest threat is the unknown proliferation of nuclear weapons. These can be produced by an able country and given to a terrorist group, that is not from their country, to use. So Iran could give a bomb to Al-Queda who rents a plane in South America and detonates a nuke in Miami. Iran pretends to know nothing, and Al-Queda slips back into the rocks. That is our greatest fear and that is why the US will attempt to keep nukes under the wraps as tightly as possible.

Allow inspections of the location, quantity, and type of our nuclear weapons. Expose our most guarded technical secrets to the world?

Daft, anyone who even considers this reasonable is daft beyond measure.

My answer, which amazingly is not a choice, because I find them all a wee bit anti-US is : No, because we don't have to.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-24-2004 at 12:57 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    If the US were to allow inspections, what exactly would be the point?

It seems to me that the only countries that allow nuclear weapons inspections are those that are FORCED to.

Weapons inspections are an alternative to regime change, if you are a good boy.

Weapons inspections have nothing to do with fairness, it is about those with power looking to keep it. Why would anybody be confused about this?

Allow inspections of the location, quantity, and type of our nuclear weapons. Expose our most guarded technical secrets to the world?

Daft, anyone who even considers this reasonable is daft beyond measure.

My answer, which amazingly is not a choice, because I find them all a wee bit anti-US is : No, because we don't have to.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #8
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    i didn't realise it was about weapons specifically I just thought it was for the plants etc

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Are UK plants inspected?

India?

Pakistan?

China?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #10
    it's about everything.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast