Thread: Im getting a Half Life 2 error.

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I downloaded the "HALF-LIFE.2.PROPER.OFFLINE.NOSTEAM-AHU" version of hl2 from suprnova. The problem is when i start this game, i get an error and the game returns me back to the desktop.

Images of the error:

After i click ok

2. Games   -   #2
    umm i had that too. i downloaded the ape fix from somewhere n now it works like a charm
    its goes smething like HALF.LIFE.2.FIX.FOR.EMPORIO.APE.rar

3. Games   -   #3
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, i was able to find a fix at the emporio forum. Anyways when i get past the first loading point in the very begginning part of the game , i get an 'AI disabled' message on the bottom right hand corner and the characters just stand there.

4. Games   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    That save problem is just from corrupt files. Delete all your HL2 files, but keep yoru save files somewhere. Then re-unrar everything. And place your save files back in, and it should work.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 11-25-2004 at 04:58 PM.

5. Games   -   #5
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Alright, i also found out that by typing ai_disabl "0" it fixed the problem but when i got a certain part where i was supposed to go inside an elevator , the female character just stands there , screen:

6. Games   -   #6

Angry

Yep the b***h wont budge..had same prob, just press F9 to go back to a previous Quicksave like I did and she will jump into the elevator that time (my need to try it twice though)..
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

7. Games   -   #7
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Solution to fix AI problem. Here.

Also, if you to East Black Mesa, then you will have this problem again. But it can be resolved by first saving the game while you are in the containment hold. And then once the woman walks out, save it. Then let the game screw up. And load the game again. And it will work, resulting in you getting the gravity gun.

8. Games   -   #8
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    yeh, i have to keep typing ai_disable "0" in console every time hl2 loads into a new level, i think i'll wait until a proper fix has been released but thanks for the info anyways... where's deviance/reloaded when you need them