Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffer Under Run Am I Right In Saying..

Thats it i can evern burn at 4x now, my rite is fuct, ok so than whats up, i chacked out ebuyer and they have to cd-re riters on ther that i am looking at. the specs are as follows.

The best of both worlds and now faster than ever! The GCC-4480B combines the 48x24x48 CD-RW drive with a 16x DVD-ROM drive. Complete with SuperLink for Buffer Underrun Error Protection, High Speed Media Support and Standard Connection, and Windows XP/2000/ME/98/95/3.1/NT compatibility, this internal CD-RW + DVD-ROM drive will bring you up to speed and beyond - its technology rewrites itself - again
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=45326

and the 2nd product

Benq's Internal E-IDE 52x Read/25x Write/24x ReWrite drive with Seamless Link technology. Again, leading the technology race - the BenQ 5224P 52X CD-RW delivers the same worry-free stability as our older 48x drives. Burning through an entire 80 minute CD in less than 3-minutes, the 5224P will never hold you back. BenQ's ground breaking Seamless Link Technology provides buffer under-run prevention to bring you a worry free CD recording experience with any CD-R or CD-RW media. Running late for a meeting or dinner appointment. No problem! In a couple of minutes you can backup your projects, create a music CD for the long drive, or put together a digital photo album for family & friends.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=46063

so thay both say buffer underrun,worry free CD recording.

dose this maen that i wont ruin another cd again. like it wont run out of buffer?

do i need a super fast pc for a high speed burner?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    No you don't! Just buy a Lite-On Burner.. problem solved!
    The Lite on web page

Good Luck!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you never answered my post (question), if i buy one of the above products will i ruin a cd again by buffer under run?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    System Requirement :
    CPU Pentium 166MHz or faster, 128MB DRAM required
    HDD must have access time < 20ms, with a minimum of 100MB Free space
    what dose this mean

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@29 March 2003 - 14:51
    what dose this mean
    Just like it says, your hard drive must be able to access data faster than 20 milliseconds. Unless your HD is really old and slow, I&#39;m sure you meet this requirement. If you want to find out for sure, download a benchmark utility like HD Tach.

Also, when you burn with Nero, check the box that says "Determine Maximum Speed". That will automatically adjust your burn speed to match your HD.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Buffer underrun protection will just pause the writing process so that if the data does not arrive fast enough you don&#39;t waste a CDR. In fact you will have a hard time making &#39;coasters&#39; but it&#39;s still possible. (user error or a defective blank CDR) .. or if the source CD can&#39;t be read. (when direct CD to CD copying)

Edit: Shouldn&#39;t this be in &#39;Hardwareworld&#39;?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@29 March 2003 - 18:40
    In fact you will have a hard time making &#39;coasters&#39; but it&#39;s still possible.
    Like if you accidently drop something on your keyboard while it&#39;s burning, and it hits the &#39;Enter&#39; key which, by default, cancels the operation. This isn&#39;t a joke, it actually happened to me yesterday.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I never had probs with my 8x burner, then one day it kept going buffer underun

so I went and bought a LG for 68 euros or so, 40 x, really fast, havent ruined a cd since

I say buy one, they are useful and probably will save you that much more in the long run

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^+29 March 2003 - 21:55--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf^.`.^ @ 29 March 2003 - 21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Wizzandabe@29 March 2003 - 14:51
    what dose this mean
    Just like it says, your hard drive must be able to access data faster than 20 milliseconds. Unless your HD is really old and slow, I&#39;m sure you meet this requirement. If you want to find out for sure, download a benchmark utility like HD Tach.

Also, when you burn with Nero, check the box that says "Determine Maximum Speed". That will automatically adjust your burn speed to match your HD. [/b][/quote]
    yea i think my hdd id 5400 or is it 7400 any one of those will be good yea.

p.s Acecool do you think that you can get me a link for that cd burner you are on about?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@29 March 2003 - 20:48
    you never answered my post (question), if i buy one of the above products will i ruin a cd again by buffer under run?
    I NEVER had any Buffer on the run after i purchased a Lite-On burner&#33;
    It has a Burn Proof option&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; (Check Clonecd at the write Tab) if you burner doesn&#39;t support that it will be disabled&#33;

Did you read the info on the link i gave you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast