Thread: BSPlayer gets error when I play Xvid file

I've been trying to play the JP movie of "Ichi the Killer" and load English subtitles, but the file just won't play on BSPLayer. It plays on VLC media player, but the subtitles I found off the net won't load into it. The site I DLed the sub.s from has instructions for loading the sub.s onto BSPlayer, but not VLC. Do I need some particular codec? I used G-Spot on the file and it told me that my PC has the codecs required to play the file. Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    what format is the file,and do you have any codec packs installed.You may need to re-encode that file.Maybe not for sure just yet.Tell then adieu.

What version of the players are you using anyhow.Have you tried another player aside from the ones mentioned.
    Last edited by HailAntonLaVey; 11-27-2004 at 05:33 AM.
    We"Think TOO different"-Anton LaVey

Image Removed by RF: Too big and inappropriate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It's an avi. file. I have K-lite mega codec pack. I don't think I can load subtitles into any of the other players, so what's the point of using them? I want to use BSPlayer b/c I should be able to load the sub.s I have for this movie into it. I can see it fine on VLC mediaplayer... it just won't take the subtitles.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    latest BSplayer

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well then did you do the normal or playback install.And did you have any other codecs installed before this,any that could decode Xvid.One other thing is you need to have a look at the codecs you install.Its not just a "point click shoot" tyoe of thing.You omit DirectVobSub in both normal and playback pre-set installs.Make sure you have that selected.Tell then adieu

P.S.im being nice like always,its just some of you ask fairly obiviously answered questions.Dearly
    Last edited by HailAntonLaVey; 11-30-2004 at 12:10 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Is DirectVobSub a video codec or something for the subtitles? I selected normal install. This is a brand new PC, so there weren't any codecs on it as far as I know of. I Dled KLite and it came w/ this BSPlayer and a Codec pack (along w/ G-spot, etc.) I haven't dled any other codecs, especially as G-Spot said my PC has the codecs to play this file. When I play it I get an error, that's all I know. Doesn't happen w/ but a few other files.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    tried reinstalling the codec pack?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mr00420
    Is DirectVobSub a video codec or something for the subtitles? I selected normal install. This is a brand new PC, so there weren't any codecs on it as far as I know of. I Dled KLite and it came w/ this BSPlayer and a Codec pack (along w/ G-spot, etc.) I haven't dled any other codecs, especially as G-Spot said my PC has the codecs to play this file. When I play it I get an error, that's all I know. Doesn't happen w/ but a few other files.
    Yes,DirectVobSub it is software to display your subtitles.Well what you need to do,is first off uninstall the Klite pack,reinstall the pack yet custom your installation with Vobsub on it and ensure you have Xvid installed and Divx as a back up for the file.THat should work,well PM me and i will find you a solution.Tell then adieu

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Does DirectVobSub come w/ the Klite pack or is it something I have to DL separately? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall BSPlayer as well?