Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xp problem

baccyman's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    i had a patch on my copy of xp so that i did not have to do the activation process.and a couple of days ago i could not get on the net i eventually tracked it down to this patch after changing my net work card and reformating about 4 times . has anybody else had this problem yet . i think that it must be down to something that microsoft has done because that patch was working ok for at least 6 months . if anybody else has problems this could be why.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    download and install the corp version of winXP.

crack discussions are not allowed

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks for the tip

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Buy a copy. I know its the last thing you want to hear, but I learned the hard way a couple of years ago that anti-virus programs and OS's are well worth the money to actually pay for. Just my 2 cents.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Buy a copy. I know its the last thing you want to hear, but I learned the hard way a couple of years ago that anti-virus programs and OS's are well worth the money to actually pay for. Just my 2 cents.
    if i wanted to pay over a hundred pounds for a copy of xp i would have bought it. for someone with a limited income that is a lot of dosh.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    IMHO, not at all worth it...
    I actually think that would be more trouble than just downloading the corp version.(because the store bought one needs activation and other such anoyances).

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    2 cents? Ok maybe...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Corp/VLK is the way.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

Sorry if sounding rude. But What The Fuck ! This is file sharing , I 'v never ever paided for program's .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Downloading is cool is you can actually find a full version. Just cross your fingers and hope that the 'full' version you download is just that. You could always end up with a 'seemingly' full version that ends up missing a few important files and registry bits that results in days and days of anquish and desperately trying to figure out what's wrong, only to have to reformat in the end.

I think of it this way: When I download a program, there are many times that problems arise and I have to uninstall it. There are also times when I'm not so lucky, and have to clean it out bit by bit with something like regcleaner, etc. It's normally no big deal because Windows has so many programs that have been developed for such reasons. But do you know how to fix a problem in the OS when Windows won't even fully boot? I don't. That's why for me it has always been worthit to spend the seventy-five bucks.

I know you're not all going to agree with me and some of you are probably going to disect everything I've written here, but again, it's just my opinion. I'm just trying to prevent someone from going through the bs I went through two years ago.

*sheesh* that was a mouthful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast