Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Is It That triangle Sandwiches.....?

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    can anyone tell me? if i keep eating bread that makes me feel like dying, will eventually stop feeling like dying?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    People only have triangle sandwiches on special occasions, or when they have guests. They therefore get a higher quality of filling and it is more fresh.

For run of the mill sandwiches, which are cut into rectangles then any old shit which happens to be there is used.

That is all.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    sorry to interrupt your tea party, ladies. But sandwiches are to be eaten whole, with just the two slices of bread, filling and certainly not cut up like some sort of n00b

4. Lounge   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Ah, I see the difference. It is because your experience (and presumably your Mam's) is based on t'Miner's Welfare clubs in Welsh Wales. Whilst mine is based on mingling with the great and the good. Where anything less than a Kingsmill Gold would be frowned upon.

My theory is based on the sandwich maker having a bit of dough. Being able to purchase decent quality comestibles. Your's seems to be based on scrag end of mutton twixt stale lava bread (which is cake apparently). Washed down with flat "real ale", served at room temperature.
    Indeed, I see your mistake and it is to your credit that you can identify it with such eloquence and good grace. It is often forgotten by those of a lofty social standing that they can learn much from the peon.

After being buttered up by my Mam's take on the situation you'll agree, I'm sure, that what follows is the crust of the matter:

A triangle quarter exposes more filling than any other cut. One bites at the apex of the triangle and in that single mouthful experiences practically all of the tasty filling without being orally burdened with bland crust. Further bites are considered something of a chore and not representative of the sandwich.

In conclusion other cuts simply cannot compete with this notion of free food in tandem with the veritable taste explosion.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    If only the blue collared masses could experience this decadence.

It's not that we don't aspire to join your social cliques - it's that you won't lettuce in
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi
    McBannockburns are not only wily but very well bread, it seems.

Cap - doffed.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia
    sorry to interrupt your tea party, ladies. But sandwiches are to be eaten whole, with just the two slices of bread, filling and certainly not cut up like some sort of n00b
    Yeah but it's all in the type of bread, Filling and finally the Cutting (re: my first post)

8. Lounge   -   #28
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    me and my dad had a conversation the other day, no normal loaf of bread in teh world comes close to warburtons

9. Lounge   -   #29
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    If only the blue collared masses could experience this decadence.

It's not that we don't aspire to join your social cliques - it's that you won't lettuce in
    Oh for those salad days.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    apart from fresh bread, what beats warburtons?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast