Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Manufacturers

Poster
    DO NOT ever buy Gigabyte motherboards, after spending 160.00 mine was broken missing parts and there customer service is a joke.
    AOL 9.0 Now with top speed sarcasm that is 5x funnier than normal
    dial up sarcasm complete with AOL instant stalker.

AOL 9.0 with top speed and AOL instant stalker...more expensive than saffron but worth it!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    playing consoles on the monitor...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    *Grunt*
    Speaking of Hard dirves you have also fogot that Seagate are the only people who make Serial ATA drives. And they also make the fastest harddrive in existence
    The Cheetah X 15 (15,000 RPM)! 4.2 ms seek time

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    seagate arent the only company making serial ata drives, maxtor and western digital also do them

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Originally posted by Soul814@22 July 2003 - 04:00
    playing consoles on the monitor...
    i would not recommend using a tv card to connect a game console because the signal from the console would still be very low resolution, just like the signal it sends to a regular tv.

if there is any way to directly connect the console to the monitor (i.e. like the VGA adapter for Dreamcast), that is the best way to go. the console needs to detect what kind of screen it is connected to, so it can send a high resolution signal.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    talking about hard drives, i heard SCSI drives with 15000RPM is alos good, but unreasonably pricey. Western Digital Caviar (they are generally good) 80, 100, 120GB drives have a JB series, they were good 1/2 year ago, but the world don't stand still.

talking about video cards, does anyoene know how to turn a VHS video into a .avi file? [or maybe i should start a new thread about this?]

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Poster
    Does anybody know a good site in the US where I can find good prices on gaming computers?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    i don't personally but theres a list of recommended retailers in the 'computer resources' pinned topic. maybe check a couple of those ?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Poster
    O.K. Thanks!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Octopussy
    www.colorcases.com KIK @$$ CASES

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast