Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Ffs!!!!

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    What is it with relatives?

Ok so my grandad is a lovely old boy, full of moans and groans and has had every physical complaint you can think of, if you've had it, he's had it worse, I mean ffs he takes these pills which make him shake but stop him feeling sick, then he take diazapan to stop him shaking but it makes him sick
    Anyway, every once in a while he'll call me and ask if I'll go clear the garden, leaves etc, I also do some gardening for him thru the summer.
    So he rang me the other day asking if I could, I said I dunno considering my current physical condition, then his voice dropped into a sad "Ok it's just nice to have a clean garden", instant guilt trip, I said I'd call him back before the w/e, so now in the last 24 hours he has called 17 times
    Funny thing is I have 8 cousins, 3 of which are under 18 and live closer to him and would probably love a couple of hours work just before xmas (he tries to pay me but I never take it), ok so I usually do it, trouble is I don't think I physically can, I'm still limping ffs, sleepless nights thru pain and shit, yet when I want some help everyone is busy.
    When I moved house 4 years ago 2 of us done it buy oversized wheelbarrow.......why? 3 reasons
    1: No access to van or car
    2: No money to hire van or car
    3: Not 1 member of my family said they could help, all of a sudden too busy, yet I gotta drop whatever I'm doing and rush to help anyone else, I'm sorry but am I the only person who thinks that sucks?
    So anyway, I guess 2morrow I'll have no choice but to clear his garden cos them useless twat cousins of mine are too fucking idol and I'll probably suffer the w/e for it and just listen to my grandad telling me how it was'nt my dads fault but my mums cos she was playing away, thats why my folks split up, jesus don'tt you fucking hate families, wish they'd just fuck off and leave me alone...........well they do unless they want something

Ok thats my rant for the day , I'm going work, have a good day all

Jonno

2. Lounge   -   #2
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    you're limping? what i miss?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    you're limping? what i miss?
    You read that?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Maybe he likes you and wants your company.

Perhaps it's not just about the garden.

Phone the old chap, let him know when you are coming and take some nice wee cakes with you.
    I suspect the same.

Some older ppl should be not left alone for too long.
    A regular call to ask "whats going down" should helpa lot on
    the demands regarding the gardening.

Spoiler: Show

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Sounds a lot like what's already been said - If it's about getting just you to do it, tell them that they have other family that could help as well (although a little gentler nach). However, if it's about seeing you rather than your handiwork, as has been said, then you can leave the tools and just catch up with the old man And depending on his preferences, bring along some tea or a bottle of whisky to wash down those cakes

As for the other relatives, they may be taking a free ride in terms of labour - They may be family, but (as long as its not overboard) putting your foot down & telling them that help's a two-way relationship should hopefully sort that out.

Me & my brother are like that - We will get stuff and stuff done for each other via our own methods, and will help each other out whether it's gladly or reluctantly (depending on moods and what each of us has planned). If either can't help the other due to a good reason, then we'll accept it and just help the next time.

And chances are that we have a go at each other a damn sight more than most feuding siblings - He may be my brother but he's still an arsehole (and I expect he feels the same about me ).

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Funny youmention the Brother thing.

My brother and I didnt get a long at all before we got over 20 y.o.
    When we had our own places tolive the life etc. things been really smooth ever since.

I think the issue is not to see each other toomuch.

Same goes pretty much to my sisters too, hehe.

I use to really piss 'em off with my constant guitar playing,
    I can understand that but i just wanted to play anyways.

Spoiler: Show

7. Lounge   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    You should be careful with that gardening, Jonno.

You could give yourself a hernia.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Lynx = Cruel Git
    Cruel? Moi?

I was simply giving him a little friendly advice.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    And when you finish his, I have a couple you can help with Jonno

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Lounge   -   #10
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    group hernia? and you didn't wait for me? thanks guys

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast