Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a DVD9 game to DVD5?

Poster
    Are there any DVD9 PS2 games out there?

If so, are there ways to get them down to DVD5 without losing crucial files? One of my friends had to do that to get Halo 2 (Xbox, I know) to fit on a DVD5.

Also, is CloneCD's "Copy CD" a good way to automatically make and burn an image of a PS2 game? The image standard is .dvd I think and the PS2 Burning Guide For Dummies said this:

CloneCD

Open CloneCD.

Click the Copy CD Picture (3rd Picture along)

Read Tab

Select your CD Reader.

Select your read speed. I suggest you keep it low. Sorry if you have little patience.

Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks: Checked

Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: Checked

The other boxes can be left unchecked.

Image File Tab

Browse for the directory that you want the image file to be extracted to.

Check the Delete After Successful Write box if you want.

Write Tab

Select your CD Writer.

Select your write speed. I strongly suggest you burn at a maximum of 4x.

Everything should be all right as it is.

Ignore the Global tab. It is not important.

Now click the Start Disc Copy button at the bottom.

CloneCD will then read the disc and when finished write to a blank disc.

Finished.

I did that, so I'm assuming it will work with a chipped PS2 (My PS2 is coming back tomorrow)

Is that a reliable way to do PS2 games or do I need Alcohol or Magic/WinISO or something to manually make a MDS or ISO and burn it? Is .dvd a good standard to use and will be burnt to a DVD in the same way an ISO or MDS or NRG would?
    Last edited by Vamp; 12-02-2004 at 06:10 PM.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    Well I dont have a PS2 but Alcohol does have settings for creating and making PS2 games...

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    The Datatype Setting, right? There's one for PS, PS2, General CD, General Protected CD etc.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Games   -   #4

5. Games   -   #5
    Why would u want to switch DVD9 to 5... you'll have to rip the contents of the game if u plan on burning it. Unless ur doing it to tranfer it to the HD and load it with HDLoader.
    To clear it up are u trying to flattin the dvd9 to 1 layer to transfer to a HD or are u burning to dvd? If ur just trying to make a rip i wouldn't even bother..

6. Games   -   #6
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    i have a ned 3500 i think and it does dvd9

but do i need like special cds for it?

7. Games   -   #7
    yeah if u have a dual layer DVD burner you will need to buy Dual layer DVDs... best to just use ur burner for single layer and maybe dl disc every now and then casue they do add up and are quit expensive

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    I mean, are there any games on PS2 that are on Dual Layer DVDs? That I can't copy onto a DVD5?

Also, with Alcohol, when there's no DVD in my drive and I select Image Making Wizard, the menu for which datatype I want to use (PS2, PS, Normal CD, General Protected CD) comes up, But when there is a DVD in my drive and I goto Image Making Wizard there's a different menu that wont let me choose the datatype... When would I select Normal/General Protected CD?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

9. Games   -   #9
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    metal gear solid substance is a dvd 9

not sure bout any others

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    So it might be a 5 GB Game, so is there no software I can use to just strip the 300MB to fit on a DVD5 without losing any really crucial files? One of m friends did that with a file-stripper for Halo 2 and he says no cutscenes/FMVs/music is missing.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast