Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: church advert not being shown

Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    I don't even know what to make of that really, I have never ever seen anything like that in the UK though.

I can't really see any good of it though, I don't see religion as a product you need to 'sell' to someone

You know, I can't recall ever seeing a "church" commercial here in the states, either.

It would be quite a rare event.

Edit: As Vidcc said above, but better than I. Except he meant "satellite"
    Last edited by hobbes; 12-04-2004 at 02:10 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    You know, I can't recall ever seeing a "church" commercial here in the states, either.

Edit: As Vidcc said above, but better
    I've seen a few local(ish) adverts from churches but they weren't "calls to prayer" rather publicising events etc. then at the end mentioning the church

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

no i meant satelite, I created my own word to avoid stepping on the toes of those who are married to their dictionary God

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    However nice dodge but we/I would like to know what you found "ill-advised" about it
    Oh, sorry-

No dodge intended, just thought the piece was a bit crude; I would contend (as one who believes, though in a largely non-denominational fashion) that, especially at this particular point in time, religion is best served by a certain magnanimity I didn't see in evidence.

That is to say, as rough a go as Christian religion is having these days, it does them no credit to act like political rivals, with the attendent vitriol, etc.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

I have seen "Calls to Worship"; the "what" and "where" of it, but not this type of thing.

As an initial effort, a small property, I think.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123