Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hl2 Vengeance

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Is anyone using this besides Formula 1. I am trying to figure out how to update Cs so I can play...but I dont know how. The vengeance patcher just freezes, and the Emporio updates are for something different!

2. Games   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    You can play on cracked servers only i havent messed with that yet but will after i reformat, all the stuff you need to know is in the .NFO

3. Games   -   #3
    How do I play on cracked servers? I cant even update, I dont think you understood my post.

4. Games   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    You have to put steam in online mode

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Is anyone using this besides Formula 1. I am trying to figure out how to update Cs so I can play...but I dont know how. The vengeance patcher just freezes, and the Emporio updates are for something different!
    i dunno wat version is ur Vengeance release but i'm gonna assume it's the first 1.0.
    if u wanna play CS, ur gonna need to read these NFOs
    http://www.nforce.nl/index.php?m=nfo&id=80165 -> contains version 1.2
    http://www.nforce.nl/index.php?m=nfo&id=80255 -> contains update for protocol 7 of CS:S

as a bonus to this post , u might wanna pay extra attention to this
    http://www.nforce.nl/index.php?m=nfo&id=80256

i'm sure after u've read those NFOs, u'll know wat to do
    btw, pls dun attempt to mix emporio with vengeance. no one knows wat will happen if u do so

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

6. Games   -   #6
    I dont have a "/Vengeance/CSS installer/" directory on a cd. Let me check again real quick. No, it isnt there, so I cant do that step to enable CS. And when I try to use the patcher that I dloaded that says is for the Vengeance release, it will lock up, and then I can select "Start" after a few minute, but then the patcher will act like it is locking up again, and begin using 1GB of my page file.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 12-04-2004 at 01:25 AM.

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    I dont have a "/Vengeance/CSS installer/" directory on a cd. Let me check again real quick. No, it isnt there, so I cant do that step to enable CS. And when I try to use the patcher that I dloaded that says is for the Vengeance release, it will lock up, and then I can select "Start" after a few minute, but then the patcher will act like it is locking up again, and begin using 1GB of my page file.
    that's exactly wat everyone ppl have been experiencing, it's even stated in the NFO. i guess u'll have to bear with this stress, the patch reli gobbles ur RAM furiously (the most furious i've ever known judging from wat u post)

gildan2020

8. Games   -   #8
    Alright well thanks alot for posting, I guess I will just have to let it do its thing.
    But what am I supposed to do about the no Vengeance/CSS Installer directory on my CD 5? Could someone possibly upload that small directory onto a yousendit.com site or something and PM the link to me? I would appreciate it, and may reward you with a gmail invite, or an invitation to Livingwithstyle.com forums!
    Last edited by orcutt989; 12-04-2004 at 01:39 AM.

9. Games   -   #9
    no prob

gildan2020

10. Games   -   #10
    Alright thanks, because it looks like the hlinstaller.exe, and cssinstaller.exe or whatever are vital files in this process, and I only have the hlinstaller.exe.

EDIT: I will give you the Gmail Invite, and Living with style forum link! Living with style is a forum where you get points for posting, and with those points, you can buy stuff for free! Or you can turn in those points for cash on a Pay pal account. There is also a Black Market section on the forum where people post verified links to get free, no hassle stuff. My friends have gotten personalized pens, free blood sugar tester, and other random crap that is fun.. ((free razors, gum, magazines etc.)) and not to mention tons of computer help.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 12-04-2004 at 01:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast