Thread: Mini 'desktop' Computers

Poster
    I was at the annual ISA convention. It is basically a show where manufacturers show-off their newest items for industrial and commercial usage. Mainly for places like power plants, factories etc...

What caught my eye was a desktop computer. The size of a cigar box. A pentium4 processor on a tiny motherboard. Two slots for memory. And external sockects such as USB, firewire serial and LAN. Your hard drives, floppy, PC cards and CDROMS connected externally via another smaller box.

All together, the system took as much space as a laptop. Ideal for space saving. Would work well for an old victorian desk, which was never designed for a computer.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    got any pictures?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i've seen it on newegg.com there was only one of them....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

Tablet PC V1100 A. Tablet PC V1100
    Intel® Pentium III 866MHz ULV Mobile Processor
    Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Operating System Model#: Tablet PC V1100
    $1,705.00

www.newegg.com

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Master YodaX@30 March 2003 - 09:50
    got any pictures?
    Sorry, I should have taken one of those pamphlets. I got no pictures to show you. There were so many things at the show, I didn't bother taking any brochures.

The neat thing about this computer was the flat screen/monitor. The computer was actually attached behind the monitor.

As I mentioned before, these computers are customed designed for industrial usage. The systems appear to be used for wall mount cabinets or machinery (equipment). Optional touch screens too.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    the above pic is what u were talking about isnt it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    http://www.heatsinkstore.com/systems.html

http://store6.yimg.com/I/svcompucycle_1733_26547380

Accually i think those are what he was talking about but i don't know how u add pics to a post so there are the links
    those use the Mini ITX mother boards

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    err or not im not sure what ur talking about lol after i reread that i thought maybe what i posted wasnt it owell....maybe it is though they have lots of diffrent kinds

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    umm those look like LAN systems! that u bring for lan party games lol... i think mine is more accurate... itz actually smaller then u think.... itz a pocket pc...