Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DNS Proxy

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi
    It's a list of NTL Proxy servers
    HTTP Proxys? So what is the port number to use?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    I have tried proxies but when I do the internet does not work the guy who told me he has the dns server proxy he uses it as a proxy instead of being told the default one by the firewall so I assume the filter only acts on the default IP and when he has the dns and uses it he can do whatever he wants on it

just tried a proxy... it made the inet alittle faster but did not remove the web filter
    Last edited by Bebi; 12-06-2004 at 09:29 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebi
    I have tried proxies but when I do the internet does not work the guy who told me he has the dns server proxy he uses it as a proxy instead of being told the default one by the firewall so I assume the filter only acts on the default IP and when he has the dns and uses it he can do whatever he wants on it

just tried a proxy... it made the inet alittle faster but did not remove the web filter

Dns proxy? I am not sure what that is? Try the DNS server I have posted before. They could work for you. Also try the proxy server in the website I posted. Choose the ones that work at port 80.

Anyways what port number did you use for Tifosi's proxy...

Here is what I posted before so you don't have to go back a page:

You can try the dns servers here: http://www.support.open-rsc.org/servers/

Try thease two:

199.166.31.3 (NS1.QUASAR.NET) - Orlando, FL, USA
    199.5.157.128 (ASLAN.OPEN-RSC.ORG) - Detroit, MI, USA

You can try the proxy servers here: http://www.publicproxyservers.com/index.html
    Choose the ones that work at port 80

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12