Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half Life 2

numba1xclusive's Avatar Xclusive Gangsta
    Just a weird question, but do you need to be online to play Single PLayer Half Life 2? This is because I heard all this crap about the registration, and I was wondering if Valve acts like cunts and requires you to be online while playing multiplayer..

Da Numba1Xclusive King

2. Games   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1xclusive
    Just a weird question, but do you need to be online to play Single PLayer Half Life 2? This is because I heard all this crap about the registration, and I was wondering if Valve acts like cunts and requires you to be online while playing multiplayer..
    Im pretty shur you have to register to play multiplayer and you dont need to be online to play single player, by rghts you should be running it in offline mode if you wanted to play singleplayer mode anyways.

3. Games   -   #3
    Depends which you have...

4. Games   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    If you get the vengeance release of HL2, you dont need to be online. You just need to have steam installed. And with the Emporio releases, you dont even need steam installed.

5. Games   -   #5
    aight cool...thanx

Da Numba1Xclusive King

6. Games   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    If you get the vengeance release of HL2, you dont need to be online. You just need to have steam installed. And with the Emporio releases, you dont even need steam installed.
    Thats exactly what i meant

7. Games   -   #7
    whoa shit, I was reading the junx on the sticky...u have to be online to play the legal version single player?

Da Numba1Xclusive King

8. Games   -   #8
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1xclusive
    whoa shit, I was reading the junx on the sticky...u have to be online to play the legal version single player?
    yes , even if you have the legal version , you must have internet access (at all times while playing the game) and you must have a registered steam account.

9. Games   -   #9
    so which is better...vengeance..or emporio?I cant be online all day...or for more than 2 hrs for that matter...so which is the one that doesnt need internet or steam?

Da Numba1Xclusive King

10. Games   -   #10
    since ur gonna play single-player only, both of them are ok with u
    both dun need internet or steam, however...vengeance cracked the game 100% (get the dvd version, the cd version requires another patch)

emporio still has problems and u need a lot of patches just to make it right (a lot more than vengeance), even then i doubt that it's anywhere near perfection (the AI bug may still be around)

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast