Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK Governement..

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Peddler
    Please show me where I stated it was aimed specifically at me.
    are you american ? if so and you don't think it included you why bring it up?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    are you american ? if so and you don't think it included you why bring it up?
    What are you talking about, vid.

If an American is offended by their flag being depicted as such then it's neither arrogant nor sanctimonious. It isn't very fashionable for an American to be patriotic but you wouldn't want deny him that right, would you.

As I say, if it was the Welsh flag inverted I would be more than a little bit put out. Whether it was aimed at me personally or not.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I suspect it's aimed at someone in particular...an somehow i think he finds it amusing....it's not aimed at all americans... bit arrogant to assume it's aimed at you

As to the flag, it's just a bit of cloth, there are real things to get offended by in life

@ the thread.

I'm way out of date with the antics of british politicians, i know whoever is in power will be complained about.... If it gives any comfort, there are a lot worse in many other countries
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa
    So..... in your first paragraph, you are stating you are against infringements to freedom of speech, and in your second paragraph you are attacking RF's right to freedom of speech in his sig, claiming it causes offence.....

Paradox?
    You are both asses....those are just words, there are real things to get offended by in life.

Get it?

I also took offence to the sig...initially but then it's Rat so I didn't stay offended as I didn't think he was jabbing and being anti-U.S.

I don't think Comic Peddler was out of line though for I was on the verge on posting something similar but then didn't.

Regarding the statement in his sig....I agree. Think for yourself. There are folks in every country that do not.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:50 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    those are just words, there are real things to get offended by in life.

Get it?

yes i get it... because that's what i said.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    You are both asses....those are just words, there are real things to get offended by in life.

Get it?
    yes i get it... because that's what i said.

Then we agree.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Then we agree.
    so i'm an ass because you agree with what i said?

anyway i'll leave it at that because this isn't the spam room

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    As to the flag:

Its an international symbol to fly an inverted flag, as stated before.

It does not insult the nation of the flag, it is a request for help or a warning to others and is not only used in the Naval Services. It is in many respects similar to a flag being flown at half mast but not as obvious.

If it was a flag being burnt or otherwise destroyed, i'd totally agree with your sumation, it would be an insult, as would an effigy of Bush being burnt. Its not when upside down....

If you cant see that your nation is not only divided from the rest of the world, but between each other, then i surely pity you. You are a nation at war, not only abroad but at home.. the flag being damaged symbolises this.

If I could find an upside down union flag, i'd be flying that as well.. as I dont think its just the USA that is in trouble.

As to the Statement:

The statement says to think for yourself. If i did not believe you were capable of such, it would be a bit pointless to make the statement.

Its exactly the same statement as in J2K4's sig, with one word changed.

I would have thought that was a complement to J2K4, rather than an attack on Americans... they say that impersonation is the greatest form of complement after all.

I did, prior to this, have the same flag as J2K4 has in his too... this was removed. I assume someone must have been insulted by that one too and it was removed for that reason.

The Flag, by the way, is from an American site, and is quite common at the moment i believe. So, are you saying you also feel offended by the many Democrats with this picture on their sites since the election?

As to the Law that you asked about..

I havent heard about any such as this (although that does not mean that its not so, its hard to keep track of stuff they try and sneak through ), however Religious Discrimination is illegal in this country anyway, and such statements could be interpreted by a heavy handed police officer to commit a few offences already under Laws we already have. I believe that Holland and France have such Laws in the pipeline however.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 12-07-2004 at 04:21 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    so i'm an ass because you agree with what i said?

anyway i'll leave it at that because this isn't the spam room
    I'm not sure what you refer to but in any event you got it so we'll leave at that.

This ain't the spam room.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    Well, Rat Faced, I never once stated that the U.S. was not divided, so please hold off on your pity.

Also, while I am a Democrat myself, I will not blindly associate myself with what every Democrat thinks. If they want to display it one their sites, that is their decision as it is their site.

You also must understand changing a single word can change the meaning of a statement profoundly. As a rather simplistic example: "I hate cats", changing a single word, "I hate blacks"

While I understand that you may not have meant for it to be insulting, you must realize that it is not always what you mean to say, but how it is recieved.

About my question: I found the answer to my question, it is actually the Australian Labour party that is pushing for the anti-derogatory against religious groups law.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Im glad you realise no insult was intended

I'll look for something else when i get a chance re: The flag.. as this is obviously being taken the wrong way, not only by yourself but by others too

But the statement... I honestly cant see anything wrong with it at all, and dont see how you can take it the wrong way ...

It may not go with my new sig when i find it anyway though

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast