Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ID3 Tags - Good program for editing them?

First off it seems to me all these apps are relying on the same fkin databases and it just come down to preference or features. I like Tag N Rename because it has alot of quirks like Caps on first letter, changing underscores spaces, creating m3u and just about anything your smart enough to make it do. Im sure many apps can do most of this stuff but Ive got it inside and out and can use it very quckly.

I like it alot also because I tend to rename my files all in the same format whch is "Artist - Track - Title" which I set the Mask Editor to "%1 - %6 - %2" which means if the tags are ready I only have to press 1 button to rename all files in the album.

Also when getting scene releases most are names like "Track-Artist-Title-Group" and have no tags so Ive set on Mask Editor to "%6-%1-%2-%9" and with one click I have put all that info into the tags and have even put the group into the comments field via the %9. Thus with one more click as above I can rename my files "Artist - Track - Title" now as I like them.

Point is if you know how to use this along with the Mask Editor its great as many others may be also, so theres your fkin poop ffs. Also if you cant a tag of FreeDB that aint the fkin app fault and chances you wount get it off the same database with a different app...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-08-2004 at 07:15 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Bye.
    Smart enough? What's with the holier-than-thou attitude?

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- Will Rogers

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by musicmaster
    My suggestion is and still will be to tag your own piece by piece. Do the research, by going to artists websites, allmusic, freedb if you must... and yes even amazon... because you cannot always get the accurate information from one source. This will take time, but in the end it is worth it.
    And what makes you think everybody has that kinda time? There are more important things than editing tags.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSellers
    Smart enough? What's with the holier-than-thou attitude?
    Oh STFU is that all you got out of all I wrote ffs, how annoying. I hardly think it was supposed be anything other than simply as much time as you take to learn it as much as youll get from it as with most things kinda like that comment youve put together so brilliantly ffs and that hard found quote as a bonus ffs...
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-08-2004 at 08:21 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    VIP...just ask any
    ah yes, the standard "STFU ffs"
    hahahhaa who would have guessed

oh, and T&R all the way baby!
    very easy, efficient, and exacting....not to mention addictive

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Oh STFU is that all you got out of all I wrote ffs, how annoying. I hardly think it was supposed be anything other than simply as much time as you take to learn it as much as youll get from it as with most things kinda like that comment youve put together so brilliantly ffs and that hard found quote as a bonus ffs...

Your choice of words in the post like "anything your smart enough to make it do" and "if you know how to use this" just make it sound like we're all dumber than you.

BTW, that quote wasn't that hard to find. I have a picture of Will Rogers on my wall that my grandfather gave me. It has that quote. Although I'm sure you can find it on The Quotations Page.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Guys stop spamming this thread with your crap. It's here for people who need help with ID3 tags, so respect that and them.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Guys stop spamming this thread with your crap. It's here for people who need help with ID3 tags, so respect that and them.
    After looking thru this entire thread again, I see no evidence of spam.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSellers
    Your choice of words in the post like "anything your smart enough to make it do" and "if you know how to use this" just make it sound like we're all dumber than you.

BTW, that quote wasn't that hard to find. I have a picture of Will Rogers on my wall that my grandfather gave me. It has that quote. Although I'm sure you can find it on The Quotations Page.
    Perhaps you shouldnt waste your time ASSuming, guessing or interrupting what I write and mean or is it some sort of need for you. Also I was being sarcastic about the brilliant quote and now even furthermore your wonderful link, surprised you missed that with all the analyzing (aka picking or ragging or also aka as feeling inferior perhaps) you do. Oh and I must say tearing apart my words out of the lack of anything better to do is YES a waste of time in this post as is my need to respond to you as well, so...

STFU.
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-08-2004 at 08:11 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Bye.
    STFU yourself. It's my time to waste. You seem to be wasting your own time by repling with your own comeback.

Tell ya' what, just don't reply to my replies on this particular subject (which is obviously getting out of hand), I will STFU, and we'll have no further problems. Is that ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast