Thread: CD overburn???

Ok don't have any blank discs at present so need to ask here, How likely am i to fit 825mb on an 800mb cd using overburn????

If its any help i'm using a LITE ON drive. never normally need to use overburn but my dvd writer recently broke so I've been spliting films across 2 cd's until i got hold of the full Divx.

So now I've thrown the films back together but they're all around the 810mb mark with the largest being 825mb. Thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    What file format are you talking about?
    Does your 800MB cd refer to raw of formatted size? How many minutes are they marked as?

There are 4 possibilities:
    1. If you have 825MB of data, and the 800MB cd is the raw size then you've got no chance whatsoever.
    2. If you have 825MB of data, and the 800MB cd is the formatted size then it is probably a bit dodgy, you will only find out by trying it.
    3. If you have an 825MB image file, and the 800MB cd is the raw size then it is probably a bit dodgy, you will only find out by trying it.
    4. If you have an 825MB image file, and the 800MB cd is the formatted size then you will have no problem at all.

Edit: you can get disks up to 900MB (raw) size, but I don't know whether your burner will handle them, it depends on the model. Check here for more info.
    Last edited by lynx; 12-08-2004 at 09:30 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.