Thread: Youceff Servers Raided

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    French police have at least temporarily shut down Youceff Torrents, one of the largest torrent sites and recently listed in Slyck’s Top 10 SuprNova Alternatives.

afternoon when the site went offline. The hosting company initially said it was due to an electrical fault.

This morning, Arjan received and e-mail explaining that the servers had in fact been deliberately terminated and the police where on scene. Slyck spoke to a rather nervous Arjan, who explained that the police would find nothing on the servers but torrent files. He does not host any FTP servers or warez.

Arjan does not live in France, or believe he has done anything wrong, but he is naturally apprehensive that the local police will make a visit to his door.

He also remains defiant, saying that even if the French servers are shut down permanently, he will find elsewhere to host.

Youceff has been struggling to gain more information due to lack of English speaking staff at the hosting company.

At time of shutdown, Youceff Torrents was using 7 servers with a constant bandwidth usage of 18mbit. The servers, run by CTN1, where chosen for their price. The original American servers where shut down after too many DMCA complaints.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    I post about this, yesterday, more to follow this week

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2
    I post about this, yesterday, more to follow this week

My bad

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Wondered why it was down, not good news!