Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another litany of wise verbiage...

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Government Surveyor

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    All of which the standards were lower there than here... and this is NOT a rich part of the UK, far from it in fact.
    Kind of odd seeing as whenever you hear from Americans who have moved to the UK say your standards of living will be lowered when living in the UK.....

Edit: perhaps you should visit a large cross section of a rather large country before passing judgement after visiting one part.....
    Last edited by Comic_Peddler; 12-12-2004 at 08:25 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Well, i guess only rich Americans can afford to actually move here

I'm talking of the General Population..

No one will argue that there are more Rich Americans per head of population, than there are here.. however, our poor do not pay for health, have better access to education and have better benefits.

This is what im refering too, when i say "your citizens", not the minority that have a lot of money...

It also depends upon where in the UK they go... If they go to the South East and London... they had better be Damn Rich
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 12-12-2004 at 08:28 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Well, i guess only rich Americans can afford to actually move here
    umm, do you think Americans are some kind of third worlders?
    Last edited by Comic_Peddler; 12-12-2004 at 08:26 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Peddler
    umm, do you think Americans are some kind of third worlders?
    Look at your Child Mortality figures, and then you tell me....

In 2002 it was 7.2 per 1000 Births..

Singapores was 4.2

Czech Republic was 5.2

You work the Math...
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 12-12-2004 at 08:34 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    I apologize for my countries child mortality rate in light of the UK's obvious superiority to the rest of the world.......

Hmm, funny, I seem to remember reading something about the last time the UK thought it was superior to the rest of the world.....

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Unfortunatly not...

Our rates, while much lower than your own, is no where near the best...

The UK is not superior to the rest of the world.

If i'm to be on an average or lower income I'll stay here, however i'd much rather be Rich in the USA

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    If i'm to be on an average or lower income I'll stay here, however i'd much rather be Rich in the USA
    But I recall you basically said we are paupers over here, so that would never happen.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    No, I said that with your Government income, that you should have the best Health, Education and Standard of living for your citizens...

An example:

Your Government spends more %GPD per head of population on Health than any European Country, yet do not have a Universal Health Service and still have to pay for Health Insurance or go without.

That is just sick... no other country bows down to the pharmacutical Industry as much as the USA. Why do you think its cheaper to get the same things from Canada than you getin the USA (even on Medicare)? Because even with this "Subsidy", the Canadians pay less for the Drug from its source.. ironically, this is usually the US Drugs company.

The Government allows these companies to rip it off, and that means that the US consumer has to pay over the odds for, not just Drug Company profits, but also Insurance Company/Insurance Broker profits, Hospital Profits, Dr's Profits etc etc etc

The same is true in Education, the Schools allow Soft Drinks companies to "sponsor" them with vending machines becasue they are so starved of money, even though they know this is bad for the kids.

The Government gets the money, it also spends the money... so where the hell does it go?

I will re-iterate.

If i am on average or lower wages, which is the vast majority of the citizenry, then i would much rather be here.. the Standard of Living i will have will be much greater, because of lower BASIC costs.

However my money goes further in the USA, apart from the basic necesities... so if i was on above average wages, id rather be in the USA.

If you have the money, you can have whatever standard of living you want, no matter where you are...

If i had the money (above average income), it would go further and buy more over there.. even if I have to BUY Health Insurance and decent Education for the kids, that would be offset by how much cheaper my house/car is and the other savings such as fuel. At the exchange rate currently, prices for a lot of things are a lot cheaper in the USA...

But by God i'd hate to be poor there.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 12-12-2004 at 09:12 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    That is just sick... no other country bows down to the pharmacutical Industry as much as the USA. Why do you think its cheaper to get the same things from Canada than you getin the USA (even on Medicare)? Because even with this "Subsidy", the Canadians pay less for the Drug from its source.. ironically, this is usually the US Drugs company.
    And I can travel a tenth of the distance and go to Mexico and get the same drugs for a tenth of the prices in Canada.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast