Thread: IRC on linux?

masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot

Surprised/Amazed

does anyone know of any irc clients that run on linux? (Mandrake in particular)

any help would be appreciated

Peace
    Masta.z!

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Here are a few:

xChat
    irssi
    BitchX

Good luck

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    There should be irc clients included on the latest mandrake public realease discs even.

If I'm not mistaken.

Just go to install/remove programsin rpmdrake and search for irc. I'm fairly certain it came included with the 10.1 CE release I had installed a while ago.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    There should be irc clients included on the latest mandrake public realease discs even.

If I'm not mistaken.

Just go to install/remove programsin rpmdrake and search for irc. I'm fairly certain it came included with the 10.1 CE release I had installed a while ago.
    i hadn't had time to look properly yet cos i had no internet with linux till now so hadn't checked what all was there yet (stupid dial up modems) but now am back at me aprtment i had a chance to look and found one installed with mandrake - kopete (IM prog- works with IRC... just dunno bout file transfer on irc yet)

tanx for the suggestions tho, i'll look into them if i don't like the irc interface on kopete

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Lord of the KLF
    I personally always use xchat, feel in love with it and now try to use it on every distro

lol i even use the win32 version when im on my XP box

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I personally like irssi but there are many others out there. BitchX has been trojaned the last few years.....lol. xchat is cool for begin'ers.