Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DS and PSP side by side screen comparison!

I wasn't sure where to put this but since it's hardware I'll throw it here. Can be moved if need be...

Taken from this site:
    http://www.portah.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17

"Take a close look at the DS screen, pretty nice yeah?"

However, if PSP is beside the DS...

Now, we've turned the PSP's screen to the lowest brightness. The DS can now match up.

"And the following photos were taken of the hightest brightness of DS and PSP. The three photos were taken at normal light, dark, and side."

Using DS as PSP stand!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Yes we already know.The psp is way better then the DS

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    psp looks soo sexi!!!

My Blog
    I'm still here.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

My Blog
    I'm still here.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Dammmmn It!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Want My Psp!!!!!!!!!! is there an official date for the U.S yet? or is it still "early 2005"
    Last edited by Mr. Elmo; 12-12-2004 at 12:49 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    *yawn* who cares about the brightness?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    You may not but I do... And the picture quility is simply awesome!

PSP storms Japan

Lines start to move and cash registers start to ring as Sony officially enters the handheld gaming market.

TOKYO--It all started just before dawn in Tokyo's Shinjuku district. At 6AM, the popular game store known as Yodobashi Camera opened early, counted down the final minute, and fired streamers into the air. Ken Kutaragi and other Sony executives donned Yodobashi uniforms and happily sold the store's first PSP to a young man who was quickly mobbed by reporters. The reporters interviewed and filmed him as he opened the box and showed off the unit for the cameras.

Like many other major retailers in Japan, Yodobashi did not take PSP pre-orders ahead of time. As a result, over 1,200 hopeful game fans lined up throughout the long, cold night, some taking up their position as early as 3PM the previous day. By the time the store opened, the quiet crowd snaked around two blocks. Interestingly enough, the line at this particular store seemed to continue growing even after the store started selling the PSP, the six launch games, and other assorted accessories. With overall supplies for Japan said to be in the neighborhood of 200,000 PSPs, it seems almost certain that this initial stock will disappear quickly.

The PSP is available in two configurations. One is a system-only package, while a "value pack" includes many of the available accessories, such as a pair of headphones with remote, a 32MB memory stick duo, and a slim carrying case. Sony is also selling AC adapters (though, obviously, both packages come with one already) and additional batteries. Third-parties are already selling thin pieces of plastic film that are intended to protect the screen from scratches.

Stay tuned to GameSpot for more news and preview information on the PSP as we put the final retail unit and its launch lineup through its paces.

By Jeff Gerstmann -- GameSpot

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    My friends parents are in Japan right now. They ahve already brought two Ds's and will be buying a few PSP's when they are released in a few days i think.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    My friends parents are in Japan right now. They ahve already brought two Ds's and will be buying a few PSP's when they are released in a few days i think.
    Hey peerzyboy the launch is going on right now as we speak! And if they did not have one reserved there not going to get one!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    isnt that the same as saying who cares about plasma/lcd television?

the quality between the 2(psp/ds) screen compared is like a regular tube tv vs a plasma
    Last edited by Mr. Elmo; 12-12-2004 at 02:38 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast