Thread: IE back button problems

Hi
    on some sites, if I use search facility and then click on the search results to view a page, then if I want to go back to the search results, I get the error message that this 'page cannot be displayed' (I think my browser cannot keep the session for the search).

How can I remedy this problem, this does not happen for every site but only for some, such as amazon.co.uk

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by reminder
    Hi
    on some sites, if I use search facility and then click on the search results to view a page, then if I want to go back to the search results, I get the error message that this 'page cannot be displayed' (I think my browser cannot keep the session for the search).

How can I remedy this problem, this does not happen for every site but only for some, such as amazon.co.uk
    It's annoying isn't it? Some sites seem to think they are clever by hijacking the sidebar window, Amazon, Lycos, those sort of places. I don't know of a way you can get back to your search results when this happens. Best I can suggest is after searching, right-click and "open in new window" ...

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa
    Best I can suggest is after searching, right-click and "open in new window" ...
    Great minds think alike

It's annoying isn't it? Some sites seem to think they are clever by hijacking the sidebar window
    can u explain more about this?
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:51 AM.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Basically, it's very easy to open pages in the sidebar, or explorer bar, using javascript.

http://www.scriptygoddess.com/archiv...n-the-sidebar/

Unfortunately, sites that do this do not seem to pay any attention to what is already there!!

Hence, the problem..

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Quote Originally Posted by reminder
    Hi

To permenently solve that problem use Netscape instead of Internet Explorer
    Last edited by ZaZu; 12-14-2004 at 04:23 PM.

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    right-click and "open in new window" ...
    or hold the shift key while clicking on the link. I use that shortcut often.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:52 AM.