Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to spell check my project?

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Seing as how you all know i cant spell worth a shit, could someone correct my project anwsers?

Interview Wayne Smith 905 852 6899

Answers to Questions

1) He chose those profession because his father was an electrician and also because of the money.

2) The steps he took where first he graduated grade 12 then he went into an apprenticeship program.

3) Unemployment and the fact that you need 8000 hours of apprenticeship to become a journeyman.

4) My dad owns his own company; to get there he had to wait for the previous owner to retire and had to build his own client base.

5) My dad is responsible for almost everything in his company. He has to find jobs, price them, buy parts, do the job then send the bills. He also has to hire workers and is in charge of firing them, along with paying them.

6) the most inspiring thing in my dads work is finishing the job on time, and getting paid.

7) the most frustrating part of my dads job is finding good people to hire because there isn’t a lot of them out there.

8) Two skills are being a people person, and knowing what you are doing. “You can’t be a wana-be, you must be confident in what you are doing”

9) Two personal qualities are adaptability and a positive mental outlook. You have to say to yourself, “this is what i'm going to do, I am going to get it done”, not “I think I can do this”.

10) No, I don’t think this at all. People in the trades work extremely hard all their life’s, they deserve more.

11) The fact that people are lazy these days. These days no one knows “old school” skills (pipe bending ect.) everyone uses plastic pipe.

12) Apprenticeship ->Journeyman-> Foreman-> Superintendent-> Owner.

13) There are a lot of jobs available at the moment, along with any other trade based jobs.

14) It depends on the economy.

Interview Reflection

1) The fact that I need 8000 hours of apprenticeship to become a journey man surprised me a lot.
    2) I think I have the ability to become an electrician because I am a hands on person who learns fast. If i'm interested in something I do really well in it. Ever sence I was little I have been building and fixing things. I think if I put my mind to this I will do great in this business.
    3) Three sources are jobfutures.ca, the Union Hall and the YMCA.
    4) Experiences that I already have include not only working with my dad but shop class taught me how to draw diagrams of my plans. Mostly working with my dad has given me an experience with this job.
    5) One way I could acquire more experience in this job would be to take the coop course in grade 11 and work as an electrician with someone else. Working everyday for a school year would help me make my choice.
    6) The salary range for this job is 50,000 to 60,000 per year.
    7) My primary concern for this job is both the money and the passion for the job. I really like putting things together, and after doing a job feeling good about what I have done. But the money is a really nice bonus. So it’s a bit of both.
    8) The union hall is where you can go to find companies to hire you. Also contracting companies for example my dads company Leslie & Palmer Electric, is the type of company you would go work for.
    9) Related occupations to this job are a handyman, construction worker and appliance repair.
    Personal Assignment

Description:

1) An Electrician is someone who is trained in the craft of installing, maintaining,

repairing and operating electrical systems. This can apply to jobs such as

installing lights, to installing scoreboards for sport arenas. Electricians can also

work with telephone lines, and fiber optics.

Desires

1) The three things that attract me to this career the most is the pay (50,000-

60,000 per year), the fact that it’s a hands on job, something that I really like,

and that I will meet a lot of new people. In this job you do jobs for so many

people, you may work in a certain area for a couple years and meet a few

people, then move on to another side of the city and meet hundreds more .
    2) One thing I didn’t know before I did my research is that there are a lot of

places to work. I always thought you just worked in one area or the city (the

water front, the university), but my dad works all over the city.

Skills

1) The things that I am good at are:
    -Fixing things
    -Some sports like hockey and pool.
    -I am very good with computers.
    -I am good with people.
    -I am good at cooking too.

2) I am a kinesthetic learner. I feel that this affects my academics a lot

because I am good at math, science and any kind of shop, but I am not good

at English and history. I think this is because in math and science you do a lot

of problem solving and in shop you use your hands. In English its just writing

and I find that extremely boring so I tent to not do as good.

3) Logical/ Mathematical- when you are an electrician you have to know your

math’s and science’s because you will have to figure out what plug can take a

certain voltage. You will have to use your logic to determine the most efficient

way to wire something too.

Interpersonal- I am a people person, I like being in a group because I work

better. You have to be this way in this business or you will not succeed.

Most likely you will have people working for you or you will be working for

someone, if you can’t cooperate you will not do well. You have to be polite

and curtious to customers or they will not come back.

Bodily/kinesthetic- To do any type of construction you need to be hands

on. You will need to fix things, install things and use tools.

4) An example of this is when I worked for my dad in the summer. I didn’t

know the first thing about wiring stuff, but within 3 days I had already learned

how to wire plugs and make data cables. I still remember how to too.
    5) My transferable skills are:

Communication Skills- I got this from just going to school and doing my work.

Problem solving skills- from doing puzzles and quizzes. Also from working with my hands, and fixing things.

Listening Skills- From going to class and taking notes.

Personality

1)

3) I am a funny, smart person who likes to work with my hands and build

things. I’m very enthusiastic and will try anything once. I enjoy learning new

things. I may seem to be an idiot at times, but that’s my personality. When I

put my mind to something I do well. I’m very outgoing too.
    4) My hobbies are hanging out with my friends, working with my computer

and playing baseball.

Experiences:

1) Experiences that can prepare me for this career that I have already done

are working with my dad who is an electrician and taking shop class in high

school.
    2) In order to become a certified electrician you need your grade 12 diploma,

then you need to take up an apprenticeship to learn the required skills until

you take your license test.

Action plan:

1) First I will continue working with my dad on holidays to get a head start on

learning. I will continue doing well in math and science because you need

to be good at those subjects, and finally I will get my grade 12 diploma

and continue working with my dad but as an apprentice.
    thanks

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    yewr lasht weurd att beutom ovf puest es espelta runga
    eet shud bi "thanx"

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Serious question.

Do Canadians spell words the same as Americans? (ie wrong, harbor instead of harbour, etc.)

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Serious question.

Do Canadians spell words the same as Americans? (ie wrong, harbor instead of harbour, etc.)
    Canadians spell things correctly. That is officially, they use English as we do. Commonwealth, and all that.

Americanisms have crept in tho'
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Canadians spell things correctly. That is officially, they use English as we do. Commonwealth, and all that.

Americanisms have crept in tho'
    Colour instead of color? I think it has something to do with the American revolution

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yes. Technically all you Canadians should be spelling colour like so.

There is bound to be something on t'interweb to confirm this, altho' I can't find it right now
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #7
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Canadians use proper English spelling. If someone were to hand in an assignment in school with Americanisms (at least when I went to school) it would be marked as incorrect.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Thanks, Nikki.

I thought i was going mad after Ariel's post. You've just saved me from more interweb scouring, which is great cause I hate doing that

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Cheers Nikki, I was curious about that point.

Congratulations on your nation's god speeling.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Cheers Nikki, I was curious about that point.

Congratulations on your nation's god speeling.
    In fact, have a doughnut...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast