Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satellite Radio: XM or SIRIUS?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I'm gonna get one or the other-

XM got the jump on SIRIUS, to be sure, a bit better satellite coverage, has more customers, etc., but I'm hearing good stuff about SIRIUS now; new CEO, programming is improving, the stock is taking off.

Opinions from owners/users?

Outlook?

Watcha think?

Huh?

Huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Music   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Never heard of either but I'll check it out, do you have any links?

3. Music   -   #3
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Strange enough, I was just wandering the same and came here to post the same question.

4. Music   -   #4
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I'm going with SIRIUS... i'm a loyal Howard Stern fan
    Last edited by Jibbler; 12-13-2004 at 01:39 AM.
    Proud member of MDS

5. Music   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Never heard of either but I'll check it out, do you have any links?
    Hmmm.

Lessee....ah, yes-here you go...

http://www.xmradio.com/

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1018209032790
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Music   -   #6
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    cheers.

so, you have to pay for both... you willing to do that, because i'm sure you know winamp has thousands of radio streams and alot are pretty good quality

7. Music   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    cheers.

so, you have to pay for both... you willing to do that, because i'm sure you know winamp has thousands of radio streams and alot are pretty good quality
    'Tis true, but winamp won't fit in my car...

I've looked a bit at both sites, and am temporarily flummoxed; neither of them obviously out-paces the other.

Tough decision.

-Mark Twain

8. Music   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I've had XM for almost two years and no regrets. Never used Sirius though.

yo

9. Music   -   #9
    I would go with Sirius myself. Equipment costs less, better customer service, and I have noticed that XM is starting to sneak in a few advertisements on their supposedly commercial free radio.

Another thing I also noticed is if you are planning on dropping big bucks on this, a 5 year subscription to XM costs $499. That same $499 will get you a lifetime subscription to Sirius.

I have had XM before, and have had Sirius the last 7 or 8 months and would not go back.

BTW: When you get Sirius, you get all of their channels for the same $9.99 a month rate as XM, but to get all of XM's stations, you have to pay extra for the premium stations.

10. Music   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Google.com
    I would go with Sirius myself. Equipment costs less, better customer service, and I have noticed that XM is starting to sneak in a few advertisements on their supposedly commercial free radio.

Another thing I also noticed is if you are planning on dropping big bucks on this, a 5 year subscription to XM costs $499. That same $499 will get you a lifetime subscription to Sirius.

I have had XM before, and have had Sirius the last 7 or 8 months and would not go back.

BTW: When you get Sirius, you get all of their channels for the same $9.99 a month rate as XM, but to get all of XM's stations, you have to pay extra for the premium stations.
    Ah, yes...

That's what I'm after.

Thanks!

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast