As you have probably read in my previous thread, I am considering purchasing a PCI video card to replace my integrated video. I have to get a PCI card because I don't have an AGP slot.
I have a question. How would I install one?
Let me first tell you a couple of things:
- There is no option in the BIOS to disable the integrated video
- I doubt there are jumpers to disable integrated video
I've read at various sites that this is the procedeure to install one:
- Install the PCI card
- Boot into Windows
- New Hardware should be found
- Disable integrated video from Device Manager
- Uninstall old video drivers
- Install the new video drivers
- Plug monitor into new card
Is the above correct?
And does it matter which PCI slot I use?