Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taxi Driver Shoots Man in Bin Laden Mask

Tue Dec 14, 3:03 PM ET

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) take note: You wouldn't be safe in Costa Rica. A startled taxi driver shot and wounded a jokester wearing a plastic mask of the al-Qaida leader, police said Tuesday.

Leonel Arias, 47, told police he was playing a practical joke by donning the Bin Laden mask, toting his pellet rifle and jumping out to scare drivers on a narrow street in his hometown, Carrizal de Alajuela, about 20 miles north of San Jose.

Arias had startled several drivers that way on Monday afternoon. But when he jumped out in front of taxi driver Juan Pablo Sandoval, the motorist reached for a gun and shot him twice in the stomach. He was hospitalized in stable condition.

"For me and I think for anybody else at a time like that one thinks the worst and so I fired my gun," Sandoval told Channel 7 television.

Police declined to detain Sandoval, saying he had believed he was acting in self-defense.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...sk_1&printer=1

Funny

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    good. what did the guy expect people to do? he deserved to get shot.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    if you go running round with a rifle you deserve to get shot. i wonder who'll sue who
    Last edited by TheDave; 12-15-2004 at 10:38 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Maybe the taxi driver was thinking about the reward.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Maybe the taxi driver was thinking about the reward.

Could be.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Hey...

Now that's a nice av!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    Thank you. Getting ready to make the most of my lumps of coal. Do the same with the lemons.

Uh, J2, hint hint.....there are very creative gentlemen giving away santa hats in the lounge.
    Last edited by Everose; 12-16-2004 at 02:41 AM. Reason: to try to get a holiday hat on the eagle......

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    -
    I think in every city in the world - taxi drivers get abused by passengers
    there are endless events where taxi drivers get shot, stabbed, robbed, threatend, insulted.
    Their job is simply to drive people from A to B, for not very good income and they get little respect. (how many times have you thought he drives to slow)
    I would be paranoid as hell with every malaka that enters the car.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    ive thought the opposite: how am I gonna make it alive if he doesnt slow down this cab?

thats in the city... up here I just pray they show up at all

on topic though, I dont think the guy deserved to get shot... but running about and scaring motorists with a gun on you just isnt funny.... forget about the mask. Its just asking for trouble, and I think there should be charges they can press against the man for doing it.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    a guy down the street dressed up as bin ladin for halloween in 2001 and got beat up lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast