Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: How Bout Dem Wizards!!! (NBA)

spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    wow, I can't believe Zo can still get up to block like that...crazy.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

2. Sports Club   -   #42
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Wow, these playoff games are really close together. I never realised.

It's a good thing basketball isn't all that physically demanding.
    You have got to be kidding me

Playing basketball in the school yard is one thing, playing at a professional pace is totally different. I say this cause in most "pick-up" games, here anyway, they are mostly half-court. Try running around in a full court game

3. Sports Club   -   #43
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry

Playing basketball in the school yard is one thing, playing at a professional pace is totally different. I say this cause in most "pick-up" games, here anyway, they are mostly half-court. Try running around in a full court game
    The skill factor regarding shooting/passing probably would give me problems and I expect I'd give away a lot of fouls, what with it being a non-contact sport.

But the physical part? Nah, I play soccer.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #44
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    The skill factor regarding shooting/passing probably would give me problems and I expect I'd give away a lot of fouls, what with it being a non-contact sport.

But the physical part? Nah, I play soccer.
    I played before I played basketball.

I still played with the Spanish fellas when I was with my ex 2 years ago.
    Quite fun.

The thing about soccer is that anyone can pick it up. I said before.....who can't run and kick a ball.

Basketball involves a rule set that is not basic.

From 10 yards away I can easily kick a soccer ball into a net.

From 10 yards away many can't put a basketball through a hoop.

btw mank, tennis is a non-contact sport, basketball is a contact sport.

The fact that there are fouls kinda gives it away.

@RPerry - did you see when Tracy McGrady dunked on Shawn Bradley in the first round? It was almost as bad as when Vince Carter dunked on (I think) the French fella in Olympics time before last.

Shawn Bradley is over 7 feet tall ffs.
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-12-2005 at 12:07 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Sports Club   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry

Pick up games around here are full court.

I tore both my acl's (and my left meniscus) playing basketball and arthroscopic surgery (mainly to repair the meniscus) only on one knee about 8 years ago.

I never got reconstruction though and continued to play until about 3 weeks ago. I about to see the same orthopedic surgeon in 2 weeks 'cause my left knee was fucking up.

One day I was playing and shot a jumper on a fella and when I came down my knee buckle. I got a sub and tried to walk it off. My team end up losing.

2 games later my dumbass went back on the court limping and the fella that was checking me started talking shit so I got angry and started scoring on him left and right. I was shouting shit like, "You can't even check a cripple!!!"

Even though I scored like crazy (for a short pick up game) we still lost.

Further idiocy.....

The next week I play again..

My knee is still hurting and movement is hindered.

We had only one tall fella on our team against whole teams of mostly taller guys and we won 7 fucking games...and lost the 8th one.

The other teams were pissed that we stayed on the court all fucking day with the team we had.

Needless to say that day I told the fellas you will not see me up there for awhile....a long while. I thought about it for this Sunday coming up but yet I get this twinge of pain that let's me know...STAY YOUR ASS HOME.

It's killing me not being able to play.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #46
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    @RPerry - did you see when Tracy McGrady dunked on Shawn Bradley in the first round? It was almost as bad as when Vince Carter dunked on (I think) the French fella in Olympics time before last.

beautiful... and I hate the rockets.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

7. Sports Club   -   #47
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep

Yes I did

Did you know Tracy McGrady and I went to the same High School ?

no, not at the same time, I'm older than he is

8. Sports Club   -   #48
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I played before I played basketball.

I still played with the Spanish fellas when I was with my ex 2 years ago.
    Quite fun.

The thing about soccer is that anyone can pick it up. I said before.....who can't run and kick a ball.

Basketball involves a rule set that is not basic.

btw mank, tennis is a non-contact sport, basketball is a contact sport.

The fact that there are fouls kinda gives it away.
    So by that rationale, Football is the easiest sport in the world because you just have to run over a line holding the football. Nice one.

Also, by your rationale, tennis is a contact sport because sometimes the players shake hands during games.

Sometimes breaking everything down makes you sound kinda stoopid

In Basketball incidental contact is okay provided it does not cause an advantage. From that I take it that the contact doesn't affect the gameplay and shouldn't affect the result. If it does then the ref hasn't done his job properly.

This is in direct contrast to full contact sports like rugby where contact is part of the gameplay and obviously affects the outcome.

Surely you see the distinction.

I could write more but you're fishing with that shit and it's not particularly subtle
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Sports Club   -   #49
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by busyman

don't you always complain because footy is uneventful? so obviously it's not that easy to score a goal

10. Sports Club   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by wanker
    So by that rationale, Football is the easiest sport in the world because you just have to run over a line holding the football. Nice one.

Also, by your rationale, tennis is a contact sport because sometimes the players shake hands during games.

Sometimes breaking everything down makes you sound kinda stoopid

In Basketball incidental contact is okay provided it does not cause an advantage. From that I take it that the contact doesn't affect the gameplay and shouldn't affect the result. If it does then the ref hasn't done his job properly.

This is in direct contrast to full contact sports like rugby where contact is part of the gameplay and obviously affects the outcome.

Surely you see the distinction.

I could write more but you're fishing with that shit and it's not particularly subtle
    Oh wanker you just like being the bitch and showing that you are a dumb illogical piss ant. I said I gave you too much credit before, I guess, thinking you were an intellectual with the grammatafest stuff but you weren't even good at that. You are a polished turd.

I said nothing about the easiest sport in the world. I said soccer is easier to pick up (to play). Soccer's rules are simple and the game doesn't require that much special construction to play. The mechanics of play are simple.

If I take someone and tell them to kick this ball through a net and tell the same one to put this ball through a hole not that much larger than the ball, just 10 feet away, it's easier for him to kick a ball through the net.

This is captainobviously without taking defenders into consideration (seeing that I didn't do the same with basketball).

Your shit example of tennis has nothing to do with it's gameplay.

The object of soccer is not to kick an opposing player in the nuts yet it happens. Soccer has incidental contact and so does basketball. Basketball is a contact sport and so is soccer. You don't have to tackle someone for this to be true dipshit.

Basketball players post other players, set picks, dunk on players, take offensive fouls, purposely commit fouls to stop the clock. It GREATLY affects the outcome.

Once again you are in my pocket. Sometimes I wonder if you are this stupid, simply being a trolling turd, or both.
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-12-2005 at 05:32 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast